Honored Contributor

Re: Exterminator Scheduled-Advice Needed

Unless they are spraying non chemical then what you can't smell can hurt you!

Valued Contributor

@FlowerBear 

I have allergies & asthma also.  The company that I have their spray that is used on my property does not smell.  You obviously just don't want to be downwind while they spray the outside and get covered with it.  Takes just 30 minutes to dry but I was always more careful when I had my dog, but he has since passed last year.  If it had any odor I would start sneezing, have trouble breathing & my throat would start to burn because many chemicals do that to me.  Don't know the name of it otherwise I would pass it on to you to compare to what your company uses. 😊

Honored Contributor

the bug co we used just sprayed a tiny stream of stuff only where the critters were lurking in my house and that was in my kitchen--we had  ants. Then he sprayed outside around the perimeter of the house and under the eaves. Was told not to let the cat out while the stuff was wet but that was all. We are not sensitive to the spray and I think it was toxic only to the ants and other creepy crawlies--has that service for 2 years. but you need to call the co and make sure if there are any concerns. Never heard of unplugging appliances. and nothing got on any furniture. He sprayed on the floor in my pantry---such a fine spray that didn't travel anywhere. No mist in the air at all.

Honored Contributor

Can I  ask were you all live that you have to exterminate your home inside with toxic poison?

I have lived in my home for 30 years and never had such a problem.  An occasional daddy long leg or  such.....just put them outside.  I would not live in an area with such  a bug infestation problem.  I have seen hoarder homes on TV  with bugs  because of the filth....  who has all these bugs?

Respected Contributor

I have quarterly service - I battled cancer 7 years ago and I don't like having any chemicals sprayed inside. I allow them to spray the exterior perimeter only. 

However, our homes were built with two devices (one on either side of the house).  The exterminator puts a hose to it which sprays a mist which disseminates within the walls so there is no actual spraying inside.  I allow them to do this every other time (again bc of the chemicals).  Have not seen any bugs in the 2 years I've lived here.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the house sprayed every couple of months and never had to unplug or move anything. The only thing I do pick up are the dog beds and his toy basket.

Honored Contributor

Yikes I would NEVER have pesticides sprayed in my home! Never! We get our house sprayed OUTSIDE twice every summer and I never have any type of bugs in my home. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Rather than posting here or listening to "someone", you should have called the company asked them what preparations, if any, were needed.  There might also have been information on their website.

Trusted Contributor

Just wondering what states everyone lives that they have to have so much spraying for bugs??  Thanks.  I live in Pa.  

Respected Contributor

Let us know where they ended up spraying and what you needed to do.