Honored Contributor

Experiences With Rakuten App?

Rakuten is 7% back on the 'net but 10% back on the app today with QVC.  For anyone who uses the app, good or bad experience?  I use them through the internet but due to the % difference I'm thinking of downloading the app.

PLEASE don't turn this into an "I use Topcash or Retail Me Not" thread. I'm interested in responses from the app users about using the app. Should I download it?

I did start reading the online reviews but a lot are about Rakuten itself and not the app. I've already been using Rakuten for years.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Experiences With Rakuten App?

Sorry I cannot help. I ordered something today through Rakuten and saw the % difference, but my general APP experiences on my iPad rarely are good.  As a result, I just ordered through the website. 

Honored Contributor

I don't use Rakuten so I can't speak to the interface between the two.

But I have used the QVC app in the past.  I don't anymore simply because I prefer to avoid apps and didn't see any advantage for me having the app over using the website.

I never had any problems with the app, but I didn't care for the layout.  It did come in handy if I knew what I wanted or wanted information on a certain product since I could find it quicker than going through the website.  I never had a problem actually ordering either.

Just my experience and preferences.

Super Contributor

@Pearlee, I use the Rakuten app all of the time. I use it for many outlets, QVC included. I have never had a problem. As a matter of fact, if for some reason my order doesn't show up, I can go to the app and it's pretty easy to get it resolved. I receive a check approximately every three months. I know of someone else who has a PayPal account and her's appears with no problem. 

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920  Thanks for that feedback about the app.  Yes, I too get a check every 3 months from Rakuten.  I'm considering installing the app to get a bigger % back, so thanks for your response about it.  I suppose if I don't like it I can always uninstall it.

Honored Contributor

I'm assuming you are referring to an app that goes on your phone or tablet.  If so, I have never used it since I don't shop on either.  I used to have the Rakuten Extension on my computer so I didn't have to physically go to their site to go to the store.  It would automatically remind you if you were entering a store that that Rakuten had a partnership with.  I ended up removing it, however, because I found the extension interfered with some other sites that I frequently used for research purposes.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Sorry, I misread your title.  I thought you were wondering about the Q app.

Mea culpa.

Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

@Pearlee, I use the Rakuten app all of the time. I use it for many outlets, QVC included. I have never had a problem. As a matter of fact, if for some reason my order doesn't show up, I can go to the app and it's pretty easy to get it resolved. I receive a check approximately every three months. I know of someone else who has a PayPal account and her's appears with no problem. 

Thanks @Toot1920! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee  Hi. I've been using the Rakuten App on my iPad for a long time. I like it and use it for most places that I shop. It works well and I enjoy those rebate checks every three months.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

@Pearlee  Hi. I've been using the Rakuten App on my iPad for a long time. I like it and use it for most places that I shop. It works well and I enjoy those rebate checks every three months.

@Lisa Y. Good to know...thank you.🙂