Esteemed Contributor

I always thought that would be very nice to maintain a friendship with an ex. I have not nor do I desire that option with the ex's in my past. 

Honored Contributor

I have been married to the same man for  55 years. I really don't know what I would do. It would depend on many factors, and why we divorced

Valued Contributor

Nope, thats why they are called Exes Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Both ex boyfriends are deceased. One died in a car accident at age 28 and the other had a stroke recently, in his 60s, which shocked everyone. Seemed healthy in general. He taught at University and both of us went to on marry and have families. He wasn't nice to me, but I was decent when we ran into one another. No ill will on my part. I like the way my life turned out.

My son and his ex-w are good friends. Chat at son's baseball games and wish one another happy birthdays. Son makes sure his son has Mother's Day gift for his mom. Wish she was back in my son's life -- but zero control over that!

My sis says you don't really know someone until you divorce them and the relationship can go either way after that. Could be some truth to that.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I've only had a few exes. All except one I wouldn't mind keeping in touch with. The one, unfortunately, wouldn't leave me alone on FB even though I had blocked him. FB seemed to take him off the block every now and then. We have NOT been together for almost 40 years but last month he sent me a FB message saying how often he thought of me, how awful it was to say goodbye, etc. So I finally told him to leave me alone. Hopefully, that will be the end of his contacting me. Yuck.

Respected Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
No, happily married and I don't care about old boy friends. I put the past in the past. No ex husband. I got lucky the first time. Thanks God!

My sentiments exactly!

Respected Contributor

Old boyfriends?  No....I didn't have very serious relationships...just some dating and it didn't work out so no I have never had any interest in looking them up or starting a friendship with them.  I don't think my husband would like that either....I wouldn't want him contacting old girlfriends.  Seems odd....

I can understand those that were married and have kids...that makes sense....you keep a decent working relationship as you share your children and grandchildren.  So having a causal friendship makes sense if possible.  

Since I never had serious relationships and neither did my husband I guess that's why we have no interest in ancient history.

Respected Contributor

An old boyfriend contacted me via Facebook not too long ago.

He was my first serious relationship during our teen years.  I thought I was truly, madly, deeply in love with him.  He ended up breaking up with me for another girl and totally crushed me.

It turns out he  just divorced his third wife and sounds like a total buffoon.  We had a few emails back and forth and had absolutely nothing in common. 

I thank God every day for that heartache I went through!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Nope.I haven’t had an ex boyfriend in over 40 years.I’m still married to the love of my life.I never had any interest in re living the past.

Honored Contributor

Only 1 husband and he's not an ex.

I did have 1 ex-boyfriend want to be friends with me on Facebook.  I ignored the request, there's a reason he's an ex.