Honored Contributor

I am still friends with a few ex boyfriends  and we text each other and was friends with my ex husband, that died recently. He had moved out of town a year before he died.

Are you still friends and in touch with any of your exes?

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't have any ex's to keep in touch with.

Trusted Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I am still friends with a few ex boyfriends  and we text each other and was friends with my ex husband, that died recently. He had moved out of town a year before he died.

Are you still friends and in touch with any of your exes?

Absolutely... my ex husband is still family to everyone. We have a nice relationship. After all, he is my daughter’s dad, and the grandkid’s granddad. We divorced 30 years ago but remained very good friends. I think it is better to maintain healthy relationships rather than live in the past. Good to hear you are still friends with ex boyfriends. A good support system after a loss such as yours is priceless.  

Esteemed Contributor

No.  Some were long ago, and I don't maintain "friendships" with men besides DH, and his best friend.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Interesting question.

No, but none of my ex's, the very few there were, could be called serious.

I am old fashioned and believe those relationships have a season and both of us have moved out of that season to begin another, with someone else.

I also believe keeping that ex close can causes discord with your current mate or the mate of the ex.

Your current love should be your confidant and closest friend.

Knowing not all will agree.

Also admire women or men that can evolve from love to non romantic feelings with grace.

Respected Contributor

Not friends with my ex.  I hold no ill will toward him.....but have no interest in being “friends.”  When we are together at a family function (which is infrequent)...we are polite.  I don’t say anything negative about him to our children or grandchildren.....they have their own relationships with him, and my negative experience doesn’t have to influence that.

Honored Contributor

Most of my ex-paramours are deceased.  Guess I was hard on them.

Respected Contributor
No, happily married and I don't care about old boy friends. I put the past in the past. No ex husband. I got lucky the first time. Thanks God!
Respected Contributor

Re: Exes as Friends

[ Edited ]

If I saw them I would say hi but that is about it.  Wished them well but other than that it was adios muchacho🤣

Honored Contributor

No exes as friends.

Never ran into one either.  LOL