Honored Contributor

Excellent Service By Amazon!

[ Edited ]

So...I recently placed an order for a no-kill cat and dog shelter (a well known and credible organization) from their Wish List.

Per Amazon tracking it was to be delivered yesterday. Got an email that there is an unexpected delay in actual shipping and they have refunded my shipping charges.

Honored Contributor

Re: Excellent Service By Amazon!

Amazon has never let me down, unlike some other companies. They deserve their success.

Respected Contributor

I ordered something yesterday from Amazon and it was supposed to be delivered this coming Wednesday.  Then I got an e-mail that it would be delivered today.  I thought - how did they do that!  

Respected Contributor

I had a very bad experience with Amazon and going forward will not order from them unless absolutely necessary. Ordered a decorative oudoor item. It arrived defective. They told me to mail it back ( Me paying the postage) or they would charge me $11 to come and oick it up. Whaaaat?? I've had expensive furniture arrive chipped, etc., from other companies and they pick up no charge! I spoke to a supervisor and she issued a full refund and told me to forget returning the item. No longer trust their service.

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic  So much depends on what they have in stock, where the nearest fulfillment center is, shipping, etc. Sometimes it's a ****** shoot!

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I had a very bad experience with Amazon and going forward will not order from them unless absolutely necessary. Ordered a decorative oudoor item. It arrived defective. They told me to mail it back ( Me paying the postage) or they would charge me $11 to come and oick it up. Whaaaat?? I've had expensive furniture arrive chipped, etc., from other companies and they pick up no charge! I spoke to a supervisor and she issued a full refund and told me to forget returning the item. No longer trust their service.

@ellaphant  that does not sound likt the Amazon I know. I'm surprised. I would have called back and talk with someone else.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

---

I have never had Amazon tell me to return an item, defective or not accurately represented, at my own expense. They have always provided a return label at their expense.

Perhaps it was a third-party Amazon seller with whom you were dealing; otherwise, I am very surprised at your experience.