Honored Contributor

Re: Ewww - cabbage patch dolls

faeriemoon wrote:

I actually think they are the least creepy of all the doll species.blushing

I'm going to go with this!  ^^^ 

Dolls, in general, creep me out big time (like times a million), but I've seen many, many that are WAY creepier.   

I guess these are kind of cute, in kind of a 'but they're still dolls' way.   Some dolls are like Twilight Zone creepy.  Some - way beyond that.

Super Contributor

Lots of things from my childhood are back -- JEM, Strawberry Shortcake (who has had a makeover), My Little Pony, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....my students were very impressed when I could name all the Ninja Turtles -- they're FULL names, not the nicknames they have now.

I teach - what's your superpower?
Respected Contributor

I still have a few of these - My mother sent away to Germany for my first Cabbage Patch doll.  His name is Kurt Herman.

Also still have my Teddy Ruxpin and a Furby.  Thought I had two Furbys, but one is a Gizmo !

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Years ago I had an 'original' cabbage patch doll, he was hand signed on his rear as well as his clothes. I sold that doll for over $800.00!!

I had a few others as well they did not sell for as much but none the less they sold for an amount MUCH higher than what I paid.........

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Cabbage Patch dolls. I never owned any but I do have a tiny one. She is about the size of a bottle of nail polish maybe smaller. She is missing right now because she is so small! I know she is around here some where. Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

You know what show I'd FREAK OUT if they brought back??  

Are You Afraid of the Dark?  I. LOVED. That. Show.

I teach - what's your superpower?
Honored Contributor

Cabbage Patch dolls came out in the 80s I think, my MIL collected them and then gave one to each of the grand kids, even the boys. I think my son was 5 or 6 at the time and couldn't figure out why his grandma would think he wanted a Cabbage Patch kid.

Honored Contributor

You want to talk about a creepy doll?  My Ma bought Little Miss No Name for my eldest sister.  I don't know what my sister did to deserve it either.  That doll made every kid that ever saw it cry.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

My youngest granddaughter was born in 1976  - not a bad year. When she was very young - I mean real little, she HAD to have a Cabbage Patch Doll. I went to San Bernardino at 4 in the morning to stand in line at Toys R Us. It was miserable. FINALLY got to where I was behind the person at the counter to buy a doll. I almost lost it. Supposedly only ONE doll per FAMILY. WRONG!!! They had toddlers carrying dolls up and they got away with it. At any rate the person at the counter was the first to be told NO MORE DOLLS. I have never been so mad in all my life because at that time it was 10 a.m. Could not get over the fact that company allowed that - NEVER shopped at Toys R Us since then!!! And you got it, just never cared for Cabbage Patch dolls. LOL.

Contributor

I loved Cabbage Patch dolls as a kid. Our local store had a contest giving away shirts and other items but the Cabbage Patch doll was the big prize( lol) and I won. I remember being so excited!

My grandma even had a Cabbage Patch doll and I have it still in the box.