Super Contributor

Re: Ewww - cabbage patch dolls

YES!! I actually bought one on here last week for my one year old Granddaughter. I will put it away for Christmas. My adult kids had their own when they were little and they loved them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Respected Contributor

@Quiltlady wrote:

YES!! I actually bought one on here last week for my one year old Granddaughter. I will put it away for Christmas. My adult kids had their own when they were little and they loved them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Yes, not everyone can be Barbie. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

My younger daughter loved hers back then. A fun trend that I did not mind her enjoying. 

Super Contributor

I actually bought one this morning for Toys for Tots, for Christmas. My children had them many years ago and loved theirs. I'm sure the child who receives this one will too.
Trusted Contributor

I loved my cabbage patch dolls. I had 2. (I still have them in a big tote of my 'childhood' stuff)

Valued Contributor

I love Cabbage Patch Dolls.  I had no idea they sold them here so thanks for the info. I donated one last year around the holidays to an organization that provides assistance and guidance to women and their children up to 3 yrs old. 

Honored Contributor

While I've not been to their new bigger home, if you ever get to Cleveland, GA and experience the "patch" for yourself, it's worth an hour.  You have never seen so many in all different styles and sizes.  And there are no dolls for sale.  There are only "adoptees" with  "adoption fees".    Say the other thing and the workers will get really mad and whisper to you in hushed tones.  Smiley Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spud188 wrote:

Oh dolls???

I read wrong,thought you said rolls. Yum

nevermind

Did someone say cabbage rolls?hungry.jpg

ETA-On topic, I had pretty much aged out when they became popular with little girls.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There's a major nostalgia movement going on for the 80s and 90s. 

Toys, books, and movies from then are BIG right now.  Star Wars is back and Jurassic Park is back.  I'm not surprised Cabbage Patch dolls are back, my daughter had many of them when she was a kid.

Remember the RL Stine books our kids used to read?  BIG COMEBACK.  I just watched a trailer for the new R.L. Stine movie, Goosebumps, and it looks so cute.

See it here:

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/07/08/watch-our-inner-90s-kid-is-dying-over-the-new-goosebump...

Remember Gem?  All that is coming back, our kids are already into their own nostalgia Smiley Happy

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

There's a major nostalgia movement going on for the 80s and 90s. 

Toys, books, and movies from then are BIG right now.  Star Wars is back and Jurassic Park is back.  I'm not surprised Cabbage Patch dolls are back, my daughter had many of them when she was a kid.

Remember the RL Stine books our kids used to read?  BIG COMEBACK.  I just watched a trailer for the new R.L. Stine movie, Goosebumps, and it looks so cute.

See it here:

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/07/08/watch-our-inner-90s-kid-is-dying-over-the-new-goosebump...

Remember Gem?  All that is coming back, our kids are already into their own nostalgia Smiley Happy

If this means I can pull out my neon pony pants and big hairdos, I may join the younger generation and show them how anklet socks are rocked in pumps.  Smiley Very Happy