Honored Contributor

Thanks Suzie & Kitty. I always remember the kind people. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

PS: Oh, peaches! *drool* What a truly delightful fruit! I love every single thing about peaches except the fuzzy skin. The smell of peaches is just the absolutely BEST smell of all. I'd smell like them if there was a peach perfume that wasn't floral. Just thinking about the lovely smell (and taste!) of peaches makes me happy.

Super Contributor

So you can just point to all the people in history (or present) who have done horrific things and call them evil.

OK.

I'm good with that.

Honored Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Justina rae said:

Evil certainly comes out of rigid belief systems and not just those halfway around the world. I feel sorry for any children who are taught to believe certain things from when they are very young. They don't know any other way. It is ingrained. These children become intolerant adults and learn to hate those who are different.

I'm glad that others see that because it is really quite disturbing.

Honored Contributor
On 3/26/2015 chickenbutt said:

PS: Oh, peaches! *drool* What a truly delightful fruit! I love every single thing about peaches except the fuzzy skin. The smell of peaches is just the absolutely BEST smell of all. I'd smell like them if there was a peach perfume that wasn't floral. Just thinking about the lovely smell (and taste!) of peaches makes me happy.

You are more than welcome, chicken... {#emotions_dlg.wub}

You, kitty and I love our peaches! When you find just the right one, glorioski batman! Peaches make me very happy too......

Kitty, peach pie, cobbler, ice cream, bring on anything with a peach!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

Evil certainly comes out of rigid belief systems and not just those halfway around the world. I feel sorry for any children who are taught to believe certain things from when they are very young. They don't know any other way. It is ingrained. These children become intolerant adults and learn to hate those who are different.

I'm not sure I agree that they're all evil. They may be close-minded and bigoted, but many of them wouldn't hurt a fly. True evil is someone who takes their belief system one step further by killing another person or inflicting harm on society in general. Beheading anyone???

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor
On 3/26/2015 kittymomNC said:

PURE EVIL......

Adolf+Hitler.jpg#Hitler

I also think there are different kinds and levels of evil, as chickenbutt said. Merriam-Webster's definition is: morally reprehensible.

But that doesn't describe the kind of evil I think was epitomized by those like Hitler, and now ISIS, etc. There has to be a different word that describes that kind of evil... I just don't know what it is right now.

I agree. Something like "depraved" would apply but even that doesn't fully cover it.
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Suziepeach said:

You are more than welcome, chicken... {#emotions_dlg.wub}

You, kitty and I love our peaches! When you find just the right one, glorioski batman! Peaches make me very happy too......

Kitty, peach pie, cobbler, ice cream, bring on anything with a peach!

I realize it's "O/T", but may I join the peach fan club? I used to wait in line for 30-45 minutes at an antique show a little south of me (every year-sometimes twice a year) for a vendor who sold homemade peach ice cream in waffle cones that were made right there in front of you! I didn't have to buy antiques... I just couldn't stay away from that ice cream! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Oh, and my favorite pie is homemade peach/blueberry!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes folks are just plain mean. Maybe in the genes from way, way back. Hundreds or even thousands of years ago. How would we know who, why, what, when, where?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Topaz Gem said:

I'm not sure I agree that they're all evil. They may be close-minded and bigoted, but many of them wouldn't hurt a fly. True evil is someone who takes their belief system one step further by killing another person or inflicting harm on society in general. Beheading anyone???

Oh, I'm sorry that it seemed like I said something I didn't mean. I should be more careful. In my view people are NOT evil just because of those things. Those things are just horrible and wrong, in my view, and scary. But I don't think that people who hold those beliefs are evil at all. I just think their thinking is skewed terribly by the things they are taught to believe.

Let's face it, I suppose you COULD say that evil things absolutely, and have in history, come out of that kind of thinking, though.

Super Contributor

The quintessential smell of summer!!!