Honored Contributor

M68828. This new item was presented today and all the choices are now only available on waitlist. The story of the toffee that coats the pretzels is fascinating. It dates back to the 1750s (pre American Revolution,) to the town of Everton England where a woman devised a delicious toffee recipe (see the video). 

@dulwich Do you know that village and have you had the toffee?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

M68828. This new item was presented today and all the choices are now only available on waitlist. The story of the toffee that coats the pretzels is fascinating. It dates back to the 1750s (pre American Revolution,) to the town of Everton England where a woman devised a delicious toffee recipe (see the video). 

@Pearlee @dulwich Would also love to know any personal experiences with the toffee and or village, wonderful story!

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee @dulwich Would also love to know any personal experiences with the toffee and or village, wonderful story!

@rockygems123 That was indeed a cool story about the toffee. It also brought back to mind the old QVC days when Q had so many unusual, not-found-locally  things to sell.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  No can't help with this one - all I know about Everton is their football team.

Us Londoners do not 'stray' 'oop North' where Everton is located lol.

Believe it is located near Liverpool only been that way once actually to Liverpool when DH was on Boxing Board of Control to see championship fight- did not check out Everton toffee though wish I had!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee  No can't help with this one - all I know about Everton is their football team.

Us Londoners do not 'stray' 'oop North' where Everton is located lol.

Believe it is located near Liverpool only been that way once actually to Liverpool when DH was on Boxing Board of Control to see championship fight- did not check out Everton toffee though wish I had!

@dulwich  Thank you for your reply.🙂 Of course if I went to England my foremost desire would be to go to Liverpool on the tour of Beatles habitats/places and of course see MACCA's house he grew up in and composed Beatles songs. 

LOL @ "oop north."  Well, at least you've heard of Everton. There are thousands of places you could ask me about in the USA that I've never heard of!

Respected Contributor

Re: Everton Toffee Pretzels

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  I just know you would do all those 'Beatley' things.

Liverpool, from memory, was fine - people were great -  my biggest memory is meeting Leon Spinks the boxer whose  fight we went up to see - and he had no front teeth! Now there's a memory!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee I'm so glad I saw your post b/c I don't watch many food shows on QVC but I'm ordering the pecan choice. I know it is on waitlist but they look delicious so I'm willing to wait for them whenever they ship.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom you are welcome. I hope you listened to the video because, although I  like pecans, I didn't like when the vendor said the pecans give a "smokey" flavor, which she did not say for the cashews. 

I'd have ordered if they weren't on waitlist because I too think they look really good. Much as I love nuts I'd have gotten the just- toffee choice. 🙂

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee I did watch the video and heard the vendor say that but didn't pay it any mind. Hopefully I will love them.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee FYI the original toffee pretzels are back in stock. My pecan ones are preparing to ship. Yay!