Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

I haven't checked into TKHQ yet this morning so I don't know the status of the Rula's girl panther but when I left last night her temperature was normal, heart and lungs sounded good.  Shelly did check her mouth for a cleft but there was none.

Shelly administered some fluids and fed her a little bit.  Beezus was removed from Rula's nest.

@Yahooey, I was wondering if Beezus was preventing the panther from nursing, even wondering if she (Beez) was taking so much milk there is little left for the others.  Since Shelly removed Beez from the nest I'm guessing the thought also crossed Shelly's mind.

Maybe Beez has a metabolic issue that causes her to over-eat.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Shelly was just in for a brief visit to feed Aura and do weights.  Weights seem good.  There was no mention of Rula's panther nor other updated information.

Honored Contributor

I think Beezus need her own private milkbar. Perhaps Shelly can find a wetnurse on craiglist

Honored Contributor

went back on the DVR - looks fresh and idk who did that

my guess is Chloe

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 11.05.39 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @Yahooey, it was fresh and from Chloe during the early morning visit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rula's sweet panther is with Shelly - it won't be long now. I have never seen so much loss all clumped together. It is heartbreaking. 

After seeing how Puff Puff survive such adversity - I thought of Shelly as a miracle healer which I know is unfair. I watched Puff Puff with many of you with bated breath as each hour passed to days to the loveable menace he is today.

Chloe had some discharge and she is keeping an eye on her. I'm comcern that her belly is still very big. 

Sending good thoughts to black panther (I wish she had a name), Fontina that she gains more weight and Aura. 

Esteemed Contributor

Shelly just posted the names for Rula's kittens:

RULA'S KITTENS' NAMES, THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS: PANTHER GIRL - Okoye, PANTHER BOY - T'Challa (Black Panther), TORTIE - Nakia. NAMED FOR THE TINY WARRIORS THEY ARE.

Unfortunately, Shelly does not expect the panther girl to make it.  Another case of FKS for which nothing can be done.

At this time the only other kitten of concern is Aura and that will be ongoing as long as she survives.

Esteemed Contributor

Starting this post with the image of a broken heart just isn't enough. There have been too many loses.  Hopefully little Aura is the only one to be concerned about.

Okoye's fight is now over. Everything that could have been done to help her fight was done, she was simply not meant to stay with us.

Honored Contributor

Aura getting burped wearing her purrito

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 6.51.23 PM.png

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am just now checking in and it is all such sad news.  I am so sorry that two more kittens left us (if I read that correctly).  The problem with feral cats is that they all could have some disease or other while they were pregnant plus perhaps poor nutrition.  Also, there is no way of knowing if there was anything wrong with the father of the kittens.

Fortunately for these three lovely kitties, all this is now behind them.  No more kittens.  They can love and cuddle and share these beautiful kittens with each other and us until they get adopted.

Can't wait for them all to open their eyes.  They have such adorable faces already.