Honored Contributor

Yesterday, I watched a video about a Buck having an amputation on one side of his antlers.  He was a mature Buck and his antlers grew very big but one side was longer and heavier than the other so the poor Buck could not hold his head up straight.  The people helping was a doctor and for the preservation of deer and an assistant.  They had a dart gun but instead installed a syringe with sleep medication.  They shot the gun and it entered the side rear area and the deer was immediately sleeping.  They had to cut off the part that was weighing the deer down.  When they cut there is blood so they ended up caterizing the area and then gave the deer an injection to the deer with  medicine to wake up the deer that did not know he had surgery.  They truly treated the animal in a humane way and only cut off the one area.

I thought I would share with you.  It was good to see that this facility is protecting the deer of the wildlife.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

That's great. I bet he woke up wondering what the heck happened, when no longer struggling to keep his head and neck straight.

Thank goodness there are wonderful animal caregivers amongst us. They're the best.

Respected Contributor

It is so nice to hear someone cares about our wildlife instead of putting them down.  God bless all the caregivers of our wonderful wildlife.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting an uplifting story today.  Blessings to those helping all animals live better lives.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  @luvmybeetle   @BlueFinch   I left out one important part.  When the Buck was sleeping he was loudly snoring.  LOL  Who knew deer snore?  Now we know.

kindness is strength