QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evaluation of Risks

[ Edited ]

At the beginning of this I didn't know anything. I heard one expert say when a vaccine was available to everyone, this virus would be like yellow fever - no one would even think about it. 

Then it hit, and we learned bit by bit what it could actually do. I think the thing that got to me most early on was the death of a 26-year old EMT with no other underlying conditions. The reason our online paper gave for the infection was "community spread." THAT shook me up. This was no longer a "nursing home" virus; it could attack anyone. Now it is attacking children. And, even if it goes away for a while, it never will. And it can morph into a stronger strain, that many scientists fear will be worse than the current one. 

Life as we knew it will never be the same. I see people relaxing because of the warm weather. I see them gathering in groups without wearing masks. And IMO that's a huge mistake.

What I'm worried about is the ones who won't wear masks. By not protecting themselves from spreading the droplets, they are putting me in danger. 

When this started, a local market started curbside pickup. They are small, but they are getting more things in all of the time. One local restaurant is doing that too - selling groceries along with their restaurant meals. Now some of the larger grocery stores are starting this also.

Curbside pickups for food and other goods, along with online ordering, are going to be the norm in the future. 

I think it's a huge mistake to open as we are in various states. We will see what happens in about two weeks. This virus is still deadly and still invisible. It is also still there - everywhere. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

To those calling it selfish and reckless to reopen.  You want a shutdown but expect your garbage to be picked up.  You also expect stores to be open with food/supplies.  You expect farmers, packers and pickers to generate the supplies.  You expect truck drivers to deliver them.  You expect online sellers to ship your packages while you sit at home.  You get angry when they are delayed.  You expect the driver to leave it on your doorstep.  You get angry if they don't put it exactly where you asked with every precaution in place while you sit in your house. You expect your phone/cable to work, water and power to stay working.  You expect your mail delivered every day.  You expect your food prepared and delivered curbside so you can sit in your car and then just drive home again.  You expect doctors/nurses to be available although many have been furloughed.  The entire premise of shelter in place is based on the idea that "others" must risk their health so you can protect yours.  There is nothing virtuous about ordering your packages and making trip after trip to the store while claiming we need to stay shut down.  With common sense, CAN go back to life as it was.  We can go to restaurants and get our hair cut.  We could catch the virus or a million other viruses on any given day.  We take risks everyday.  If you choose to stay home that is YOUR choice.  The rest of us do not want to see the economy crumble.  If it collapses, so will every other economy world wide.  More people will die than COVID-19 and many with other illnesses combined.  If that happens you will be trapped in your house.  Those that want to reopen do NOT want people to die.  We want to take measures to protect our people and our country so people can live.  That is not selfish.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eadu4 If our economy was as strong and robust as we had been told, a mere 2 months would not be bringing this country to it's knees and putting the essential workers at risk. Was the robust, excellent, strong economy a lie? Or did it only pertain to a miniscule group of people who get bailed out before anyone else? How much is a human life worth?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

eadu4

It is reckless and selfish when people are out and about not wearing masks and keeping social distance, two very small sacrifices to keep others safe.  Rushing to a bar to drink and carouse in a crowd is foolish and stupid.  This is a pandemic, a pandemic still going on all over the world.  If it isn't stopped or a vaccine found, the economy won't matter in the least.  

With that being said, people are not forced to stay in their homes, it is a choice.  But if you do go out, you must take the recommended precautions.  If you don't, you are selfish. 

I believe common sense and intelligence has taken a back seat to ignorance, arrogance and selfishness and I have seen enough to verify it.  As far as essential workers are concerned.  we are all extremely grateful for their services and I support each and every one and know quite a few who do what they do willingly because they want to help and do their parts. 

Until everyone does what they should do whether out or in, this pandemic will continue.  I understand people wanting to be out and businesses starting up but you have to take necessary precautions for that to happen and people do.  It's those who don't who I call selfish and reckless and that is wrong for all.

Respected Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

To those calling it selfish and reckless to reopen.  You want a shutdown but expect your garbage to be picked up.  You also expect stores to be open with food/supplies.  You expect farmers, packers and pickers to generate the supplies.  You expect truck drivers to deliver them.  You expect online sellers to ship your packages while you sit at home.  You get angry when they are delayed.  You expect the driver to leave it on your doorstep.  You get angry if they don't put it exactly where you asked with every precaution in place while you sit in your house. You expect your phone/cable to work, water and power to stay working.  You expect your mail delivered every day.  You expect your food prepared and delivered curbside so you can sit in your car and then just drive home again.  You expect doctors/nurses to be available although many have been furloughed.  The entire premise of shelter in place is based on the idea that "others" must risk their health so you can protect yours.  There is nothing virtuous about ordering your packages and making trip after trip to the store while claiming we need to stay shut down.  With common sense, CAN go back to life as it was.  We can go to restaurants and get our hair cut.  We could catch the virus or a million other viruses on any given day.  We take risks everyday.  If you choose to stay home that is YOUR choice.  The rest of us do not want to see the economy crumble.  If it collapses, so will every other economy world wide.  More people will die than COVID-19 and many with other illnesses combined.  If that happens you will be trapped in your house.  Those that want to reopen do NOT want people to die.  We want to take measures to protect our people and our country so people can live.  That is not selfish.  

@eadu4 As long as I am paying for the service and they are accepting my money then yes I expect the service.

Trusted Contributor

DH and I have always looked at the risks when it involved a major issue; getting married, buying a home, having children, jobs, etc. The situation we are all in is no different.

What one considers a risk, however, someone else may not and that's the problem happening now. My situation is not yours; your situation is not mine (or maybe it is....but it won't be someone else's). So again, you have to make the choices to do what is right for YOUR family, YOUR loved ones. What else can I do? 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

FiddleDeeDee

The situation we are in is different because the virus spreads and that means one person can pass it on to another and before you know it,  affects many.  Therefore, it isn't a personal choice because by not doing what the medical experts and scientists say, you are putting others at risk, bottom line.

Choosing to keep family and loved ones safe is fine but when you are out and about and are not wearing a mask or keeping social distance,  it is  putting others in harm's way.  When you buy a house, decide to have children that is a choice, a personal one.  But when someone doesn't care to follow guidelines they are making a choice that puts others in jeopardy and no one has the right to put our healthy and well being in jeopardy.

Stay safe and let's think of others, all of us.

Highlighted
Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

FiddleDeeDee

The situation we are in is different because the virus spreads and that means one person can pass it on to another and before you know it,  affects many.  Therefore, it isn't a personal choice because by not doing what the medical experts and scientists say, you are putting others at risk, bottom line.

Choosing to keep family and loved ones safe is fine but when you are out and about and are not wearing a mask or keeping social distance,  it is  putting others in harm's way.  When you buy a house, decide to have children that is a choice, a personal one.  But when someone doesn't care to follow guidelines they are making a choice that puts others in jeopardy and no one has the right to put our healthy and well being in jeopardy.

I agree. I will feel a lot better when I see people are wearing mask and social distancing.  Wearing a mask is one of the easiest things we can do to fight this virus.

Please, if you go out, wear a mask. 

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

FiddleDeeDee

@spiderw  excellent reply to @FiddleDeeDee. This pandemic can't be compared to normal life decisions that may involve some risk.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland