Respected Contributor

We still can't leave the area-going to son's house- away from water, higher elevation. Storm surge expected of 10 feet....

@ccassaday, mmay get my wish to build a house-not the way I wanted to do it....

Back to being frightened and shaken. Silver lining? We, immediate family-will all be together!

Love, Hugs,Hope and Prayers....

Poodlepet2 Lesleigh

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2  Be safe.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Oh, forgot to mention-in Punta Gorda Florida.@Laura14, prayers for your family-especially if they live in town or PGI.

Love,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Prayers for you and your family, Poodlepet2, and all others.  May you remain out of harm's way and be safe.

Honored Contributor

My daughter lives in a community near Orlando.  My family and I have been worrying so much about her and her husband and 3 small daughters.

She posted last night that they were fine and no one in her community is leaving.

I always tell people who are chasing after these small children, "You think it takes patience raising these little ones.  Wait until they become adults and they have to lead their own lives.  The worrying never ends but the difference is you have no say and can only worry."

Super Contributor

@Poodlepet2. . . .     You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as you ride a out this storm together. May you all be safe, and may your homes come through undamaged, or with the least amount of damage possible. 

Hugs. . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Valued Contributor

Best of luck to you and your family, @Poodlepet2!  I hope it ends up being a time of safety and closeness.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My daughter lives in a community near Orlando.  My family and I have been worrying so much about her and her husband and 3 small daughters.

She posted last night that they were fine and no one in her community is leaving.

I always tell people who are chasing after these small children, "You think it takes patience raising these little ones.  Wait until they become adults and they have to lead their own lives.  The worrying never ends but the difference is you have no say and can only worry."

We have family in a first floor condo in Orlando and they are not leaving either. Their main concern is the wind.

You are so right about small children vs adult children. Amen!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

Annabelle, that is soooo true!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2  That sounds like a good move!  All of my best wishes go with you.  If it makes you feel any better, as a teenager I rode out Cat 4 Hurricane Betsy in our house in New Orleans.  Husband did as well, although we didn't know each other back then.  Anyway, the point is that we're both here to tell the tale.  (And no, our parents weren't risk takers: weather forecasting just wasn't as good in those days)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett