Respected Contributor

It's been for weeks and weeks. Every time I try to acsess the boards I get this error message.  Anyone know why?  I've tried a different browser and I get the same message.     I mean for weeks this has been happening and it lasts for many many hours during the day. 

Esteemed Contributor

I get this error once in a blue moon.  It's not strict to this website and could happen on any site.  Mines usually says error 404 DNS entry something.....

I just wait a while.  I did a thread about how many, many companies were knocked off the internet about two to three days ago.  It affected airlines and banks. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

It's been for weeks and weeks. Every time I try to acsess the boards I get this error message.  Anyone know why?  I've tried a different browser and I get the same message.     I mean for weeks this has been happening and it lasts for many many hours during the day. 

@meem120 

Google Error 494 and it will explain what the problem is and how to fix it.  Click on

Easy Steps to fix windows error code 494

fix windows pc errors.com › 494

Esteemed Contributor

I also get the Error 494 message every day !!! 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all.  This was the first Ive been able to get on to see your replies. I did Google on the error and all I could find was a fix for Windows.  Im on a Mac.  Ill keep looking!

Honored Contributor

@meem120 - google "macbook error code 494".

I was able to pull up all kinds of info using that.  I think it helps to be as specific as you can.  Good luck with it!

Respected Contributor

I was getting that weeks ago, then it stopped.  Probably jinxing myself.

Honored Contributor

@meem120,

Is there a more complete error display that would provide more clues?

(If possible, can we see a screenshot or a copy of the entire error message?) 

In general, though:   

HTTP error codes beginning with "4" indicate a "client error" meaning it's likely something we can clear up on our device (it's not exactly a server error, although it might be a problem with the way the server is communicating with our device).

Basic checklist:

•  Be sure to clear out all cookies/cache/website data for all browsers.

•  Be sure all browsers are the most current versions.

•  Be sure all browser addons/extensions are updated.

And, if all else fails, try disabling your addons/extensions temporarily to see if any of those are causing a problem

(if disabling them helps, you can add them back one-by-one to discover which one is the sneaky culprit).

•  Be sure your device's operating system is up-to-date.

•  If you're using a bookmark/favorite to access the Q, go directly to the website either by searching for it on your browser

or try these direct URLs

(old bookmarks/favorites can cause problems):

For the shopping site:

https://www.qvc.com/

For the Community:

https://community.qvc.com/

If none of this helps, such things as Adobe Flash (and the associated cookies) and firewall protections could be causing problems, but the above-listed steps are the more likely ones to fix the problem.

I know it's aggravating to encounter all of the tech glitches we've been seeing.  

Hope this is useful, even if only to generate more brainstorming... 

7FAECD61-73FA-4E62-BB45-6060FD62CAC8.gif

Take care, everyone, good wishes for a peaceful evening.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova