Frequent Contributor

Re: Entertainment Tonight mentions WEN lawsuit

Also on NBC World News tonight - so - guess hundreds of people using WEN and having Hair Loss can't all be crazy - or - not using it properly.  TIP - just stop using WEN!  Simple- problem solved!  I used WEN for 6 months - my hair looked great and held color very well, I never noticed hair loss, but, did see lots of hair in my shower drain - so I quit using it.  There are many other hair products that will make your hair look great - so just use them - its not worth the risk to keep using WEN when there are so many other options that are not associated with hair loss.  I did not need a Doctor or Attorney to give me this advice! 

Respected Contributor

I've used WEN very successfully since it first appeared on the Q.  I have a great head of hair and on those few occasions I tried something else, the results just weren't as good.

I'm sure the women who experienced severe hair loss had an allergic reaction. It can happen with any product.  If I use Maybelline mascara in the pink and green tube, my eyelids swell almost shut top and bottom. It's very painful and ugly.  Should I sue them?  Of course not.  I just don't use it.  Simple as that.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I use Wen and my hair has never looked better.

If I experienced hair loss, I would stop using it.  I wouldn't sue.  LOL

Respected Contributor

The same lawfirm representing the plaintiffs in the class action suit against Wen also represent plaintiffs in another class action against Unilever and partners LEK and Conopco claiming Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30-Day Smoothing Kit caused their clients hair loss and burns. 

http://fox6now.com/2013/10/17/women-suing-after-hair-loss-blaming-smoothing-kit/

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

It was mentioned on Los Angeles talk radio station KFI today too.

I have little interest in the case since I've never used WEN although I'm always a little jealous when I hear the seasonal fragrances that sound so pretty! I do enjoy watching Chaz and seeing his "angels."

My comment is about something else I've noticed from another hair guy, Nick Chavez, who seems like a really nice guy as well. On his recent visits he makes it a point to talk about build-up on the scalp, and how if you're losing your hair, or it's looking flat, it could be due to not having a clean scalp from not cleansing it correctly. He also makes it a point to say that his shampoo is a "healthy lather." I get the feeling he knows about the lawsuit (naturally) and is trying to make a point without actually calling out his competitor. 

Hi @SusieQ_2

I have no idea what Nick's intentions are, but as to clean scalp, I've heard shampoo commercials push that point ever since I started listening to commercials as a teenager, and that was over 50 years ago.  

And "clarifying" shampoos have been around at least that long, if not longer.

So, while it's possible Nick may be trying to distance himself from the issue, he is not telling us anything new.  I would also guess you don't need me to tell you about clarifying shampoo and how shampoo companies sell their products.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'Could be' that those women shampooed much too often? Maybe daily is a bit too often.  That's what I thought to begin with when the problem was made public.  ..................Anyway, 'on another note': I thought I heard the other stylist, Nick Chavez,  recently advising his customers (QVC, on air) to only shampoo as needed, using one of his NC products.  He said that because it's concentrated (I don't recall which product of his), to only shampoo when our hair needs to be shampooed, and not daily, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

It could explain the plumbing problems some Wen users have had. 

More hair in the drains than on their heads...yikes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I found most interesting in that video is that "burning of the scalp" was one of the effects people were complaining about.

Does it puzzle anyone else why, if something burned your scalp, you would not stop using it immediately and then get your money back for that bottle?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

What I found most interesting in that video is that "burning of the scalp" was one of the effects people were complaining about.

Does it puzzle anyone else why, if something burned your scalp, you would not stop using it immediately and then get your money back for that bottle?

Did it say they didn't stop?  I'm wondering why the user is being blamed?

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

It was mentioned on Los Angeles talk radio station KFI today too.

I have little interest in the case since I've never used WEN although I'm always a little jealous when I hear the seasonal fragrances that sound so pretty! I do enjoy watching Chaz and seeing his "angels."

My comment is about something else I've noticed from another hair guy, Nick Chavez, who seems like a really nice guy as well. On his recent visits he makes it a point to talk about build-up on the scalp, and how if you're losing your hair, or it's looking flat, it could be due to not having a clean scalp from not cleansing it correctly. He also makes it a point to say that his shampoo is a "healthy lather." I get the feeling he knows about the lawsuit (naturally) and is trying to make a point without actually calling out his competitor. 

Hi @SusieQ_2

I have no idea what Nick's intentions are, but as to clean scalp, I've heard shampoo commercials push that point ever since I started listening to commercials as a teenager, and that was over 50 years ago.  

And "clarifying" shampoos have been around at least that long, if not longer.

So, while it's possible Nick may be trying to distance himself from the issue, he is not telling us anything new.  I would also guess you don't need me to tell you about clarifying shampoo and how shampoo companies sell their products.

Hi back at you @GingerPeach! You make an excellent point and I totally agree with you. As far as Nick goes, I only watch him because I think he's ridiculously charming and handsome. And as far as Chaz goes, he leaves me with a "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and I think he's adorable. Forget the products, but as far as Nick and Chaz, I'll take one of each please!