Honored Contributor

I'm surprised this thread is still going on, the other Shawn rant thread was stopped after someone got too snarky.

Respected Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

Doesn't the Q sell the Bible Experience? They air that presentation often during Christmas. What do those who object to the jewelry and the presentation think about that? 

It's not the inspirational jewelry they are objecting to, it's clearly Shawn.  They just don't like her and will find fault no matter what she is doing, saying, presenting, or the way she presents it.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

Re: Enough already!

[ Edited ]

I just saw the presentation. 

I think it did get too preachy in the middle up to the point with the caller. Asking the caller is she believes in God etc. did not bother me the most because the caller needed someone to hear her out and she did a great job talking to her.

What really bothered me what when she said almost outright that Dan Wheeler's wife was basically dying like her father in law. I think she went too far and it's not her place to state this about another host. It's a respect and privacy issue. She should stick to her own family if she wants to overshare intimate details. 

I also think this type of item lends itself somewhat to this type of sales tactic. I do think another host Like Alberti who has become my favorite would be able to work in some relevant sales tactic to sell a "You are not alone" bracelet while keeping it professional. I think it will be strange to just sell these items with a straight sales approach that just describes the item without referencing the message on them; it's what differentiates the product. 

I also think it did not have to go on for 9 minutes. Way too long and that is a major reason why it got so weird. Maybe she had to fill in the time somehow.My suggestion is that Shawn works on her boundaries in respect to other hosts and that she does a better job of separating herself from the grief of what is going on in her family. It's hard but she's at work and some things are inappropriate. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I didn't see this particular presentation but anytime Shawn presents her Hear My Soul Speak pieces of jewelry or any other "inspirational" pieces they throw into her shows, I have to change the channel.

Her presentations of these pieces are so dark and so depressing, I want to drive myself to the nearest bridge and jump off .  She uses all the tragedies in her life to sell the pieces but the presentations are just too over the top for me.

I've seen some of her personal presentations shown as fodder on The Soup.      

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have lost respect for QVC for letting these things go on.  I think using these tactics to sell jewelry is offensive to anyone--religious or not religious.  Faith and the expression of it is to me a wonderful thing--in the proper place, time, and CONTEXT.  To hawk jewelry:  No.  Not appropriate.

Honored Contributor

@baker wrote:

I'm surprised this thread is still going on, the other Shawn rant thread was stopped after someone got too snarky.

Yep, I was just reading the other thread and note that Quick Draw jumped in to shut it down for 'becoming unkind'...  Whatever. I guess 'unkind' is in the eye of the beholder, because what I saw, for the most part, was reasoned opinion...

I was going to add to that thread that while Shawn is the reigning champ for this kind of presentation, I've seen others, notably Jll, use the whole heartfelt and maudlin approach to sell certain items too.  And like others on that thread, I find it somewhat offensive, at least as much so as limiting our discussions about it here while, meanwhile, the hosts are free to proselytize to their heart's content in the interest of promoting sales... What's wrong with this picture...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I am surprised it is going on as well.  I try to shy away from making statements like I just made above, but sorry QVC.  This time I feel QVC needs to know what a turn-off it is for a lot of people.  I think that is an important fact.  There are other places where this is appropriate--as a sales pitch, it is not. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch, but saw a presentation of LG tv where a man called in saying he was buying it for his daughter who will be in her room recovering from cancer treatment.  He broke down and the presenters were sympathetic, but moved on too quickly, as I guess they felt they had to, to sell.  I was impressed that this was a real call.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Enough already!

[ Edited ]

This thread has been locked by QVC. Host bashing throughout.