Honored Contributor

we still got electricity, water and heat, so, we're 'rich' people LOL

no frozen pipes, etc My home town of Evansville, In is heading for rough sledding today I hear. Have to call my sister and get the low down.

Honored Contributor

I'm in north central Ohio.  We are supposed to get that later on today as well.  

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

OMG!  Today 4 to 8 inches and if lake effect is part of that it will be 10 to 12 inches of snow.  I love snow but with this zero degree weather and slightly above, it's not fun.  So I am stuck at home.  This is the forecast for the Chicago area.  I hope you all have a wonderful day.   HeartCat Mad

Thank you for posting this.  My son lives in Chicago and he usually calls me in the evening.  He's a runner and a biker so he, too, is stuck at home.  I'm in Northeast Ohio and we have the same weather.  We are expecting around 10" by tomorrow.  I totally agree...Enough Already!    docsgirl

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 

Like you, I'm in Northern Illinois. It's brutal out. Looking forward to Thursday when it may hit a balmy 25°! 

The one positive about staying in is it forces you to eat food you have / clean out the freezer!

Trusted Contributor

Yep, a few weeks or so ago, here in my town in New Jersey, we had 20.5 inches of snow and this Thursday are expecting to get another 5 to 8 inches.   Nowhere to put it!!!Woman Embarassed

Trusted Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

Here in Nebraska, it's currently -9 below.  It will be -26 below with a wind chill of -40 below tonight.  Needless to say, I won't be going anywhere the next 48 hrs.  I feel bad for the 2 million Texans without power.  I will no doubt be getting a lot of puzzling andreading with cups of hot chocolate!  

@BornToShop That's our exact forecast!  Are you in Omaha?  Yesterday on the news they said it was the coldest Valentine's Day ever!!  Stay warm...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

I live in Calornia and we had heavy overnight and morning rain. That storm front may bring more snow to the North East.

Respected Contributor

@kutira  I'm in Lincoln.  We are having rolling electrical blackouts here due to the demand and strain on the power situation.  Had one already that lasted an hour.  This will go on tomorrow as well, ugh.  Never thought I'd ever be excited about 25+ degree temps later on this week, lol!  

Honored Contributor

We have a lot of snow on the ground now and are expected another 8-10" overnight into tomorrow - so over it and it's cold and windy.

We're going to blow out the driveway about 8 pm  and again in the morning...the problem is the city then closes up the end of the drive way when they clean our street...that snow is almost impossible to clean out - it gets hard and freezes and is really deep.

Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   Here's a 'useless tip'  (IMO) that our town highway department told us to do to avoid that 'second shovel' ... huh I said!! 

yeah .... shovel to the left of your driveway about 2 extra feet that way when the plow comes down, the snow gets deposited there instead of in front of your driveway. Nope, not in my driveway. My house is on a curve and the plow comes by, then backs up 2X to clear the street ... people were arguing with me on facebook that it can't happen.  Anyways ... good luck.  I have a plow guy who comes and is good about coming back after the town plows come back.  Actually last year, I was outside when they were plowing and when they came back around on the other side of the street, I pointed to my driveway ... they were extremely nice and did clear the lip of the driveway for me.  

Be safe and stay warm!

Helen852