Honored Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸 🎖🎉🗽⛱🌞 Enjoy Your Weekend

Whatnow wrote:

@dooBdoo You write so well that I always enjoy reading your posts.I have to agree with everything you wrote.I think that most of our remembrances these days have just turned into a marketing opportunity.

What a kind thing to say, @dex.    Thank you.   I always enjoy your posts, too.    I'm glad you're a part of this community.❤️    I hope you and yours are having a good weekend, safe and peaceful.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸 🎖🎉🗽⛱🌞 Enjoy Your Weekend

Out and about this weekend is...busy!

I live in a tourist area and yes, in one sense I know better, but - evil traffic, packed streets, restaurants and little to no parking. Aieee!

Multiple busloads of Gray Line and other companies chauffeuring foreign tourists. China, Japan, Switzerland, France, India among others I noticed today.

It would be interesting to know if the tour bus companies mention Memorial Day or not, and what they say. I'm sure there are countries that have no such day. I wonder what they think of it all. Plenty of flags flying this weekend.

IMG_875.jpg

Life without Mexican food is no life at all