Esteemed Contributor

Today was the end of our long love era with our big feline family. Once there were 13 in this feline family, today we had to say goodbye to the last if those 13.

Her name is Tiny and she was born on our property over 21 years ago. She had her own litter of 8 before I could trap her and get her spayed. She came from a litter of 6, and was the smartest of them all, because of how long it took me to catch her.

Her Tuxedo son was also 1 of our 13. We had to euthanize him about a year ago. Tiny had kidney failure, but with our giving her IV fluids every other day she was doing pretty good.

Over the weekend we could see even with fluids she was going down hill. We have taken all our pets to the same vet, all their lives, so we wanted to make sure he would be the one to be with us during this heart wrenching time.

While we still have our 1 black cat, Jasper, he was not one of our original gang of 13. We also have Lily our little dog to keep us company. They put up with each other, but Lily is a dog that likes people, not other animals.

Our house really seems empty now and it has been less than 3 months since Toby(my avatar) died just inside the inner door from our patio room into the house. He had not been sick and whatever it was happened very quickly.

All of them are now all together on the other side of Rainbow Bridge, and while we are sad, every one of them and now able to be together again as we knew them.

Toby was my cat and like a part of my body when I was in the house. Tiny was my wife's cat, who just could never seem to stay close enough to her. Tiny had been her companion for over one third of my wife's life. She is really struggling with this loss. Please keep her in your thoughts.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn My thoughts and love are with you and your wife.  I understand "the end of an Era" reference as we experienced that feeling when we lost the last of our dogs that moved here with us..  There were 8 "originals".  Will send healing energy and love to you.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I have a cat that sticks to me like glue, so I can only imagine how you both must feel without yours.💔

C69C41B0-29B4-43FE-832B-42616F0B3D40.png

Honored Contributor

I'm saddened with you @hckynutjohn.  Happy to hear, though, you still have two buddies to hold close.

Esteemed Contributor

Hugs to you and Cindy

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

@hckynutjohn     I am so sorry for your loss my friend. As you know, all of your beautiful kitties are at Rainbow Bridge.  Yes, we will all be together again with our animals. Your cats had the best life with you and your wife and they know that they were very much loved and happy.  Hugs to you and extra hugs to your lovely wife.  

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

OH NO!! My heart is with you and Cindy!Heart

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I an so sorry to hear of your precious loss. May you  and your wife find peace and comfort knowing you provided all of them with love, hugs, warmth and caring just as they provided to you. Hugs to you both. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

I am sorry for the loss of Tiny, Toby and your feline family. Very sad when we lose our beloved pets.

Respected Contributor

My condolences to you and your wife. I once had 5 cats and now I only have one, whom I rescued last year. He will be my last cat. If I pass before him (and now I'm on oxygen 24/7), my nephew will take him. Luckily he likes just about everyone and especially my nephew.