Respected Contributor

@hummermom wrote:

@SandGirl 

I live in King County, WA, as well. NO TP or paper towels at Costco yesterday, but I did find name-brand jumbo packages at Target! Yippee! I'm not hoarding, just running low.

No hand sanitizer ANYWHERE, tho.

My husband has shoulder implant surgery on 3/18. I am not happy about that. I'm hoping it gets rescheduled.

@hummermom   I need to try Target!!  Regarding your husband surgery, I just heard something on the news about hospitals cancelling non emergency surgeries? You might want to check on that, things are changing so quickly around here that it is hard to keep up on it all.

Honored Contributor

Flower Bear - BTW, love your cute avatar!  Smiley Happy

Anyway, I know what you mean with the coughing.  I have asthma, so I've been a cougher my whole life.  Now, when I am in public I try to squelch it as much as possible.  When I do cough I feel compelled to explain that it's just asthma.

Honored Contributor

North central Ohio and I was in Meijer (large store similar to super Walmart) on Wed.  this week and they had stocks of most things. 

I was there for a fresh produce run, but every shelf I saw was either totally stocked, or had a reasonable amount left. I was there early morning, and it was getting a bit busier as I left. Still, I only saw people buying reasonable and 'regular' amounts of things.

I didn't hit the pharmacy area, and I passed the aisle that had wipes and sprays because I have tons already. 

I'm guessing it will get worse today and tomorrow, and then depend on if the numbers of infected go up dramatically. 

Honored Contributor

I went food shopping this morning. People are loading up their carts like they are planning to hunker down for six months! Where I shopped ( King Kullen), they had no meat, chicken, bananas, beans, and shelf stable Mac and cheese. They were limiting single paper towels to three, it's getting bad out there!

Valued Contributor

Re: Empty Shelves :(

[ Edited ]

Stores SHOULD be limiting quantities that people can buy.  There are actually a few.  Remember those when/if things ever return to normal.

Shame on them.

And shame on the hoarders.

Esteemed Contributor

I was at Sam's Club yesterday, they were wiped out of their TP even though they had restocked before the store opened.  One of the employees said there was an incident when one customer tried to take the TP out of another's customer's cart and a fight ensued.

I was there for blueberries and chia seeds, and they had neither so I went on to Grocery Outlet, and they had a lot of TP.  Had to go to Target and also had plenty of TP.  All within a couple miles of each other, one store out of stock and plenty on the shelves at the others.

Sam's had lots of bleach, Target none.

Still didn't find my chia seeds, so went out this morning to Trader Joes and Sprouts.  TJ's was about twice as busy as usual, but all shelves (except TP) well stocked and employees were working hard to keep up.  I love my TJs (found my chia seeds).

Not too busy at Sprouts, also well stocked except for TP.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Empty Shelves :(

[ Edited ]

We have to keep our humor at this time! On Twitter someone said this:

with everyone taking all the toilet paper, i'm gonna have to stock up on adult diapers instead. #coronapocalypse #panicbuying

and someone else said this:

Just coughed in Costco. Cleared a path straight to the toilet paper!

Respected Contributor

i read online some places had people stealing toilet paper from public restrooms and also some cleaning supplies in some of them!

Frequent Contributor

@SandGirl 

Hubbby's surgery still on the schedule--for now anyway. He does have to spend the night in the hospital.

I was shocked that Target had TP and paper towels! They are almost always out of stock of something I want to buy.

Trusted Contributor

My Trader Joe opens at 8AM.  I got there at 8:15 and the line went almost the entire length of the very long block.  Supposedly they were letting people into the store as people exited, but it sure didn't move while I was there staring at it in stunned silence.

I went to the CVS across the street from my building and bought 3 gallons of water, my first of the pandemic, because I was so distressed.  lol.  All I had wanted was some lavender hand soap.  They had heard about the Trader Joe line too!