Trusted Contributor

Does anyone else have issues with this? I am getting so frustrated. It's that time of year, I guess, when weather is at it's worst. But, constantly we get this on Spectrum and cannot get out of it. If it comes on while we are recording, the recording stops and does not pick up so we lose that recording. If it comes on during the night, we wake up and can't get it off our TV. We have to turn the TV off, unplug the receiver, wait 30 seconds, turn the receiver back on then the TV and SOMETIMES it works. 

I understand alerts and the importance. However, many times it is the far remote areas where we live. I mean, 50 miles away. It is totally unnecessary for us to receive them. Okay, but oh well, I can accept they want the entire county aware. But why can't they remove it after 30 seconds or so? Do any of you have the same issue or is it just Spectrum? We have Spectrum in both our homes and they both are almost impossible to remove off the TV.

Regular Contributor

I do not have Spectrum.  I would say that I get the emergency alert maybe once every 3 or 4 months (and I live close to N.Y.C.) and when it is over my regular programming continues.  Try calling Spectrum.  Maybe they can explain it to you.  Definitely doesn't sound right and I am sure it is quite annoying.  

Honored Contributor

When we had Cablevision all we were able to do when it came on was to either mute it or turn the television off.

There were times where I think they forgot they sent out the alert and forgot to turn it off, it would go on for a good 5 minutes, sometimes longer.

Since we switched to streaming we haven't gotten an alert.  We subscribe to YouTubeTV.

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 

Right we are under a weather situation and we are notified by text and email which we must acknowledge or automated call if that's all available.  There may be a crawl at the bottom of local TV stations.  Right now the crawls are advising early school dismissals and and cancellations of after school activities.

The only time I get the emergency signal on TV is a monthly test but no disruption of recording or programming.  

Esteemed Contributor

Have Spectrum - alert monthly or so....goes right back to programming.

The alert blast alarm makes one jump a foot when it comes on tho.  LOL

Honored Contributor

About once a month I catch the emergency alert test on our local Fox channel; always during the broadcast of the news at noon.  

Esteemed Contributor

I only get the monthly tv alerts. I don't know how the others quit but they did.

I dont get any phone alerts.