Honored Contributor

FOR BEATLES FANS - AN ANNIVERSARY

On this day January 30th in 1969, the Beatles ❤ performed a rooftop concert at Apple recording studio, the last time the band performed together in public before they "let it be." 

Honored Contributor

Re: FOR BEATLES FANS - AN ANNIVERSARY

Thanks @Pearlee.....since the hero worship of the 60s Beatles, I've come to personally not consider a couple of the Beatles the icon that I thought.  But the Beatles' music will live forever and always be 🔥. Thanks for the precious memory....love the music of that decade!

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd just curious, which Beatles do you dislike and why?

Respected Contributor

I loved the Beatles in their early years, but by 1969 they struck me as drug-addled, self-absorbed, and past their prime.

Honored Contributor

I always remember, when I think of the concert, John and George in fur coats, Ringo in Maureen's red rain slicker, yet Paul 💘 wearing just a suit jacket to perform in. It looked really cold even in England that day. I never knew til I watched the Peter Jackson Get Back documentary that the police came to shut down the concert due to noise complaints from the surrounding businesses. 😄 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee Thanks for posting. In case anybody is into guitars.....Fender produced a signature telecaster just like the one George Harrison used on that rooftop performance....with his name on it. It's an ultra cool guitar.....

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361   Cool! I didn't know that.