Respected Contributor

I very rarely order from Q. Have never been asked.

I have never heard a friend, co worker, relative say they purchased something at Q.

The only thing I'd be interested in buying here is a cosmetic that is cheaper.

I am not interested in clothes or anything I may return. Not worth it.

I live by many many stores so shopping isn't an issue 

Respected Contributor

I confess!!!!

I used to have my nose high in the air about......ALDI!!!

REALLY high.

My mother, who has since passed at age 95, always wanted to go in and check it out, and I used to be so know it all because I thought I knew something negative about ALDI...until I finally relented and we went one day.

As she walked around and shopped, I began looking at the offerings and thought "HMMMMMM maybe I was a TAD hasty...let me try____________"*

* Actually, what I was  was an...well, you know!!!!

Mom has passed.

I LOVE ALDI and shop there all the time. About the ONLY thing I ever bought and didn't care for was thier German Red Cabbage. As for everything else....I save a LOT of money, have shopped there now for 15 years ( along with other stores where I can't get some items at ALDI) and realize...

I could have retired 6 months sooner with the money I could've saved if I'd started shopping there when Mom asked me to!!!!  (Slight exaggeration, of course, but I learned my lesson!!!)

As for QVC? I have a sister who smirks when I say I got something at QVC, but I don't care. She usually asks because she LIKES the item!!

I like QVC, have been introduced to a lot of things I may not have seen if it and HSN weren't on, and I like having Mr Brown deliver right to my door!!! Yes I may poke fun at the hosts ( who I think may contribute to the scorn QVC gets lately from NON-QVCers who may accidentally tune in)....or the hyperbolic claims, but they ARE a retailer, and we have so many choices today.

I telll my sister about my ALDI snobbism...maybe she'll watch QVC some day!!!

PS: I would give anything to take Mom shopping at ALDI today.

Respected Contributor

I've shopped just about everywhere by now. From thrift stores to high end stores. I will never be embarrassed about where I shop.

When I mention QVC, the response I receive most often is --- their items are overpriced, then there's shipping, etc. 

I think many feel shoppers shop the Q because they have to. They're seniors, perhaps disabled, and many other situations that make it difficult for them to visit B&M stores.

They also may need to shop where flex pay is available. These perceptions create a reclusive, negative image of the shopper in some minds, that sadly is made fun of. 

I think the Q serves a puprose for many. No one should be judged about where they shop. 

Honored Contributor

No, my family and friends all know I shop on QVC and always say oh is that something from QVC? I have turned on many friends and family memebers to QVC!

I shopped and bought more years ago than I do now!!!

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

There was a time that if I mentioned that I ordered something from QVC that friends would make fun of me. I'm sure that it wasn't the case, but it seemed that nobody I knew ordered from a shopping channel, so I just stopped saying where I bought something. QVC has come a long way, but I still run into this attitude. Have you ever been embarrassed to admit you shopped at QVC ? 

@QVCkitty1 not embarrassed, but I when I mention an item or a good deal on QVC to co-workers, I sometimes get that "look".  For some reason, a lot of people still don't trust shopping with a shoppong channel!  It's not exactly a new thing!  Woman LOL

I have several realtives who shop with QVC, but that's it.  

Gloria

Honored Contributor

@GloriBee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

There was a time that if I mentioned that I ordered something from QVC that friends would make fun of me. I'm sure that it wasn't the case, but it seemed that nobody I knew ordered from a shopping channel, so I just stopped saying where I bought something. QVC has come a long way, but I still run into this attitude. Have you ever been embarrassed to admit you shopped at QVC ? 

@QVCkitty1 not embarrassed, but I when I mention an item or a good deal on QVC to co-workers, I sometimes get that "look".  For some reason, a lot of people still don't trust shopping with a shoppong channel!  It's not exactly a new thing!  Woman LOL

I have several realtives who shop with QVC, but that's it.  

Gloria

@GloriBee , You would think with the ability to order online people would look at the Q differently. 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@GloriBee @

I can understand mistrust....after all, when QVC started, there weren't infomercials on every other channel...heck there weren't as many channels period!!!

I think a lot of people equate infomercial stuff with junk, or they got burned in some way ( repetitve charges that they can't stop  on their credit cards, long wait times to get the item, no return policy that a person can expect to use, ....)

QVC is not that.....but it's "on teevee" ( which in itself is dying as far as viewers) and that perception carries over....

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Years ago a friend mentioned how much they loved my sweater. I shared it was cashmere from QVC. The sweater was beautiful but the look on her face when I shared was memorable. She laughed and said "OMG, you have to be kidding." 🙄

@Trinity11 that sure says more about her than you and the rest of us QVC shoppers! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Embarrassed ?

[ Edited ]

I never ask anyone where they bought something, I think a nice compliment is enough. I once told someone, when they asked, I bought something from QVC and just got an eye roll and a sort of pathetic look, so I never say it anymore. Honestly the Q things I like or use the most are things I bought years ago from Q before the quality nose-dived. I am not embarrassed, just don't like the rude response I get. 

Respected Contributor

I've gotten TONS of really nice stuff, sometimes unusual things not seen every day where I live, over the decades of shopping I've done on the Q.

Was all of it the "best" lowest price?

Probably not.

BUT...

when I think of the gas I've saved, the wear and tear on my car, the TIME while I was working and didn't have to muck around stores on  my valuable weekend time, the name brand stuff I bought that I didn't waste time shopping for....

I think I got my money's worth.

Some things I bought that people have told me are pretty, they liked a lot, where did I find it...

Royal Palace Rugs...wear like iron, pretty.

German Cuckoo Clocks.....remember them?

Northern Nights Down ANYTHING...all quality, nice stuff....

Gemstone jewelry...REALLY pretty, nice items...

Beekman products ( Recently tried and like)...

Le Creuset ( never heard of them before QVC, now I buy from Q and other vendors...

Some wood furniture I can't recall the vendor's name ...a jewelry armoire and a hope chest...still have them and really like them. Also rocking chairs he came out with.

Earlier Temptations items...still have some I use as decorative things or flower pots ( bowls etc that cracked or crazed...I used them for flower pots and EVERYONE asks where I got such pretty pots...>!!! And I use the large Lid Its as flower pot moats for the stuff I winter over in the house!!!

I'm sure there's more, but those are the things I can name off the top of my head.

A lot of items I bought because before I retired, I worked LONG days, with a lot of driving, and working outdoors in cold winter weather,  and I liked that QVC delivered right to the door when I was too whipped to shop!!!!

Remember Gateway computers?!?!??!?