Respected Contributor

Re: Election ads, email, phonecalls

I don't answer the phone and throw all mail in the garbage and do not read regardless of person/party. I don't need a flyer in the mail to convince me of anything lol

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 kivah said:

My mailman was complaining about all the junk mail he has to deliver. Such a waste!!!! Money can be better spent.

It provides a LOT of revenue to TV and radio stations and the USPS.

Honored Contributor

I would not be at all surprised that a rude letter was sent by a group that supports the opposite party in order to make people turn on their own party. Dirtier tricks have been pulled in the past.

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 happy housewife said:

I would not be at all surprised that a rude letter was sent by a group that supports the opposite party in order to make people turn on their own party. Dirtier tricks have been pulled in the past.

They do this ALL the time.

It's too late in the game to do anything about the false impression these ads and mailers create.

It's desperation time!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 occasional rain said:
On 10/29/2014 Shorty2U said:

We only get snail mail from candidates. No phone calls, no emails, no visits at the door. (thankfully because Im tired of all the bashing ads on tv!).

It doesn't matter anyway, I vote one party and only one party since the day I could vote and will continue to do so as long as I live. And so does my husband! (coincidently the same party as me, so no political arguing in this house..lol).

Interesting. I've never voted a straight ticket.

Wow, I generally vote for my parties candidates but I could not say I have NEVER voted for anyone from the other party or an independent.

Honored Contributor

The commercials are obnoxious. Fast forward through them.

I don't get any robo calls, thankfully.

All the mail gets thrown into the recycle bin immediately. Don't even look through it. Just a huge waste of money...

Respected Contributor

We have two candidates for Congress and they are at each other's throats. The commercials on both sides are filled with half truths. I'm sick of both of them.

I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Shorty2U said:

We only get snail mail from candidates. No phone calls, no emails, no visits at the door. (thankfully because Im tired of all the bashing ads on tv!).

It doesn't matter anyway, I vote one party and only one party since the day I could vote and will continue to do so as long as I live. And so does my husband! (coincidently the same party as me, so no political arguing in this house..lol).

You would vote for someone based solely on party even if you disagreed with their particular stance on an issue?

Yikes...

Honored Contributor

Just wait - it's going to get worse with the national elections looming. It's a real turn off to me.

Honored Contributor

I usually vote on a minor party line. I like the fact that my state has many parties and I support the minor ones.

The more votes the minor parties get, the better their placement next year.