Respected Contributor

Re: Editing a post and replying to one poster's comment

[ Edited ]

I had to do a little test before I answered.   You do click on those three dots to edit and edit is always an option but sometimes it's grayed out and since delete and the options are not grayed....the mind just does see edit at the top. 

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

test test test

Hahaha! Did it work?

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

test test test

Hahaha! Did it work?

ahhhhhhh.  No, it did not work.  I thought I had it all figured out!  I was able to edit my post and it seemed to work out just fine.  That is until I went back and read my post....it wasn't edited at all!  You think you are editing, but you aren't.  Which means that all those spelling mistakes that I thought I was correct....weren't corrected at all.....lol

Honored Contributor

Chrystaltree wrote:

Adelina wrote:

Chrystaltree wrote:

test test test

Hahaha! Did it work?

ahhhhhhh.  No, it did not work.  I thought I had it all figured out!  I was able to edit my post and it seemed to work out just fine.  That is until I went back and read my post....it wasn't edited at all!  You think you are editing, but you aren't.  Which means that all those spelling mistakes that I thought I was correct....weren't corrected at all.....lol

@Chrystaltree2, are you typing in the changes and then clicking the word POST?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I can't find where we can edit our posts or make an addition. Plus, when I hit reply under a comment, it shows up as a new post, not a reply. What am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong...For anyone viewing the forum in the Linear Layout, all the replies are in a "line" as new posts.  For anyone viewing the forum in the Topic Layout (I think that's what it's called...), replies will show up under the reply they are posted to.  Does that make sense?  If you change your view to Topic instead of Linear, hopefully you'll see what I mean. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Looks like we all posted at once.  You got a barrage of help! Smiley LOL

I noticed that!  Pretty sweet to see people interested in being helpful!Heart

Well, duh. How could I not see the obvious "quote" in dark lettering. The three dots I didn't notice at all. Thanks DBD and all the other helpful people who answered me. It's all so clear now. BOOYAH!

Respected Contributor

Hi RainyDayGirl - did you see my post to you about your email account?  I have one that is on hot mail from you - do you still use that? 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks BPT for this information.  I had been wondering how to quote, now I know how!!

[However, it didn't work for me.  I'll try again in another post]

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@brownponytail80 wrote:

To edit --- click the ... in the top right corner

To quote --- click "reply" and then "quote" in the top right corner.

OK, I get it now, thanks BPT!! 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I could not get this to work for me either.  Hopefully now I can "MAYBE" figure out how to do this?  Why did they have to fix this issue?  It wasn't broken.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey