Esteemed Contributor

Editing a post and replying to one poster's comment

I can't find where we can edit our posts or make an addition. Plus, when I hit reply under a comment, it shows up as a new post, not a reply. What am I doing wrong?

Super Contributor

Re: Editing a post and replying to one poster's comment

To edit --- click the ... in the top right corner

To quote --- click "reply" and then "quote" in the top right corner.

I teach - what's your superpower?
Honored Contributor

You aren't doing anything wrong, I think for the time being it's a hit and miss whether edit shows up in the little menu to the right..  check it again.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

RainyDayGirl wrote:

I can't find where we can edit our posts or make an addition. Plus, when I hit reply under a comment, it shows up as a new post, not a reply. What am I doing wrong?

@RainCityWoman, to edit a post click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the post (the Option menu).

To quote a post, hit REPLY on that particular post and then click on the word QUOTE in the upper right corner above the toolbar.  Then, type your comment below the quoted text.

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

If you're on an iPad you won't see the blue Quote button when using the reply/post feature as it's not available on the iPad yet.

The three dots in the upper right corner of your post will allow you to edit your post.
Honored Contributor

There are three little dots in the upper right corner of your post. Click on those to edit. If you are on an iPad, you can't quote.
Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the text box to make a drop down menu appear.  Click on edit, and you can fix your post.

When you say reply, do you mean quote?  To do that you click on the reply button, then when your text box appears you click on the quote button which is on the outside of the text box on the upper right.

Honored Contributor

To edit, press the three grey bars at the top right of your post. It will give you that option, among others, including new "delete post."

As far as not being able to quote, if you're using an iPad, join the club! That's one of the kinks they're trying to fix.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Looks like we all posted at once.  You got a barrage of help! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

faeriemoon wrote:

Looks like we all posted at once.  You got a barrage of help! Smiley LOL

I noticed that!  Pretty sweet to see people interested in being helpful!Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova