Honored Contributor

Re: Eating 'Dangerous' Foods

[ Edited ]

i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/eb/65/8beb65a359f27e3...

Clearly, people aren't consuming enough Chicago-style hot dogs.  Everybody knows that the fresh tomatoes and sport peppers cancel out any problems related to the dog or relish.

Besides, Vienna Beef dogs have no issues.  This study must have been conducted in another part of the world.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I eat what I want, in the quantity I want...I do know how to control urges, so I do not over eat....I would be dead by now if the hot dog rules was true.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

Meh, even if they take a few years off my life, they will be from the bad end of it anyway. 

@pigletsmom Best answer I've seen.  I can certainly see a time ahead when I might think back on this and say "I should have eaten more hot dogs."

Longevity does not always equal happiness.  Unfortunately.  

@Sooner Right? I think if I make it to 100 I'll be questioning what fun I missed out on?

Honored Contributor

I like an occasional dog on a good bun with sliced tomatoes.  That's it. Heart

Best Hot Dog Toppings & Condiments - Gourmet Ideas for Topping Hot Dogs —  Delish.com

And I've never even been to Tennessee.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor

I dont know but when I had my colon test the Dr told me not to eat red meat. I was surprised.
Honored Contributor

@Melbalee wrote:
I dont know but when I had my colon test the Dr told me not to eat red meat. I was surprised.

@Melbalee 

Funny, I was just telling Better-half that I will never have a colonoscopy.

I'd rather have a Porterhouse.

Frequent Contributor

The last "brilliant" bit of info was thatthe good news was that a PBJ sandwich would actually ADD  35 minutes To your life. If you eat a hot dog one day then a pbj the next day are you even!

Hope not much taxpayer money went into this stupid study.

Trusted Contributor

I have never been fond of hot dogs. Just don't like them, but DH adores the hotdog and drink they sell for $1.50 at Costco. One of the few places he actually likes to shop with me.

Honored Contributor

My organic chemistry professor in college got his PhD by proving that an excess of milk can cause cancer.  As he always said, anything in excess can be bad for you...even milk.

And once, when I was raving to my (regular) chemisty professor about a particular study, he gave me a long look and said, when I finished, "Who funded the study?"  I admitted I didn't know and he said "Always know who's funding the study."  He was right.

I like hot dogs and will continue to have them whenever I feel like it.

But I'm heartened to know from some previous posts that the PB&J sandwich I had for my dinner has added many minutes to my life!  (And now I wish I had a hot dog.)

Honored Contributor

According to the media all foods are dangerous.  I dont pay any attention to their scare tactics.  Everything in moderation.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)