Esteemed Contributor

Recently my daughter ordered a blender/mixer for eighty dollars from Evine and it was defective.  After contacting them she was told another would be sent.  The second one was also defective and again she contacted them and they sent her two prepaid mailing labels to use for mailing them back. After making sure everything was in each box and both were properly sealed she attached a label to each one and dropped them off at a UPS Store to which I was a witness.

Some time later Evine refunded the cost of one order saying they will not pay for the second one since they did not receive it.  They claim they received only one box. She has the receipt from the UPS store clearly showing that two packages were sent.  I advised her to go back to the UPS Store to see what they can do under the circumstances.  Anyone out there have advice as to what more she can do?  Eighty dollars is not something to say, "oh well it is only a few dollars, I'll forget about it."  In all the years I have ordered from QVC and others I have never experienced anything like this so I am at a loss as to advise her with anything more than I already have.  Help!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: EVINE WON'T REFUND MONEY...

If she didn't purchase insurance she may be out of luck.

Honored Contributor

if she has trouble with evine then i suggest she get in contact with her credit card company and file a claim. they should back her up with her purchase, especially if she has a payment receipt and a return receipt for the defective item. tell her to open a claim with them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

if she has trouble with evine then i suggest she get in contact with her credit card company and file a claim. they should back her up with her purchase, especially if she has a payment receipt and a return receipt for the defective item. tell her to open a claim with them.

That might not be a viable solution if a certain amount of time has passed, not sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

She did mention something about that, I'll have to ask her if she did. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Wasn't there a tracking number?

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

That might not be a viable solution if a certain amount of time has passed, not sure.

She is still witin the thirty day deadline.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This sort of thing doesn't happen with QVC.  Evine is known for high S&H rates and sleezy CS practices.  Except for an occasional Invicta watch, I've suspended my association with them.

Threaten to file a complaint with the Consumer Fraud Division of the Minnesota State Attorney's General's Office.  If they dont back down go ahead and file (online).

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

They played games like that when they were ShopNBC. I ordered one thing from them. It was damaged. They wouldn’t refund my full return shipping charge.  Never shopped with them again.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone...my daughter contacted her bank and they put the money back in the account.  Now the bank can go after Evine.  I will suggest to my daughter that she file a complaint against them.