Honored Contributor

Back in the good old days, their jewelry was unsurpassed, especially their gold selection, beat the others by a mile, and their gold was reasonable too. I still wear my gold from them very proudly. 

Respected Contributor

I have a beautiful 14 K white gold 3 cushion cut aquamarine and diamond rind from Chuck. It is beautiful. I got it right before the gold prices went really high. 

Valued Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@DearPrudence    Great idea for a name except I think "the" Amazon would take them to court and win for infringing (not sure of the legal term) on their name.

My suggestion was that Evine partner up with Amazon (deal with the devil). Not just use their name.  

Trusted Contributor

Now Evine is saying farewell to TTV? It's up now. 

ttvf.jpg

Respected Contributor

I think a lot more is needed than just a name change.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

evine needs more home shows like valery parr hill line, have jim shore on,larger size womens clothes,and stop having the same products on for days,yes too many watches,stop firing your best host too.more garden shows.

Trusted Contributor

I also go back to the ValueVision days, which were its golden years from my point of view.  I have quite a collection of Italian gold from that era.  Beautiful, substantial pieces and at prices you couldn't beat anywhere.  I also loved their Harry Ivens jewelry and have quite a few pieces of it.  It was so distinctive and so well made.  Edgar Berebi brought gorgeous museum-shop quality pieces that were wonderful.  And Pam McCoy's fashions were outstanding.

I started buying Isomers as soon as Manuela brought it to ValueVision, and it remains about the only thing I buy from them now.

I liked the hosts and thought that they made a BIG mistake when they sacked Charla Rines.  A lot of their viewership left in protest.

I would love to see them return to when they were the best, but I'm not holding my breath.

Honored Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia   My mother purchased many of Harry's items as well as those from the McCoys (when Pamela and Wes would be on). The designs and weight of the gold....amazing. 

The few times I caught a show (my parents had cable, I did not back then), I would sit and watch the shows and be amazed at how gorgeous and high quality everything was....a FAR cry from HSN and Tootie. QVC had Kathy Levine then and many of their shows were very elegant but still ValueVision/ShopNBC was THE place to go to for elegant, well made, investment quality items.

My hope is that they return to that level; it would stand out from the others, that's for sure.

Valued Contributor

Tootie! Now that's a blast from the past.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I think it was still Value Vision when a friend had the channel on her cable system, but I didn't get it on mine.  So I would only see it when visiting there. They spent a lot of time selling those decorative gemstone globes.  They really had quite a variety.  I ended up getting a little 2-3 inch blue lapis one from my friend for Christmas one year!