Honored Contributor

The J Sport and Jambu shoe line is fantastic, I own several pairs of them.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I admit I don't shop at the home shopping networks the way I did before I retired.  I remember the days when Evine was Value Vision, than ShopNBC and changed their name  again before it became Evine.  In any case, I hope their sales improve and continue to do well. 

I spent  SO MUCH MONEY on Value Visions beautiful Italian Gold jewelry!  OH MY!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Kathy Levine and her husband didn't buy Evine and the Evine name had nothing to do with Levine.  

@chrystaltree, yes they were ShopHQ in the past.  They were ShopHQ when I got my credit card and that's what it still says on it.  That was their name prior to the change to Evine.

Honored Contributor

I don't know....to go back to an old name does not bode well for the creativity and perhaps longevity of Evine.  ShopHQ is a better name, but what's done is done.  They couldn't come up with an entirely new name?  They got rid of 11 executives to come up with that jewel? 

Customers should be excited about the changes, and ready to shop in anticipation of what else is new.  Yawn.  They seem to be reaching for straws at this point.

Valued Contributor

I'm not pretending to be any kind of marketing genius, but I think that Evine/ShopHQ needs to make a "deal with the devil" and rebrand themselves as Amazon at Home.

I think the younger generation would be more open to shopping from them, as Amazon is considered hip and home shopping is not. Many of us long time home shoppers are not their prime demographic, although most of us probably have more money than the younger generations.

Respected Contributor

@DearPrudence    Great idea for a name except I think "the" Amazon would take them to court and win for infringing (not sure of the legal term) on their name.

Respected Contributor

I follow Judy Crowell on Facebook, and her husband Paul has made fun of the name Evine!

Honored Contributor

I don’t care what they call it but even Alexa draws a blank when I ask her to open Evine on my Fire TV Stick...

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I admit I don't shop at the home shopping networks the way I did before I retired.  I remember the days when Evine was Value Vision, than ShopNBC and changed their name  again before it became Evine.  In any case, I hope their sales improve and continue to do well. 

I spent  SO MUCH MONEY on Value Visions beautiful Italian Gold jewelry!  OH MY!

@SeaMaiden

I still have some pieces of Chuck Clemency's jewelry and a few others.  I loved their jewelry shows.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Everytime I consider buying a watch, I look at the s&h and slowly back out.  Not paying $10. to buy a watch.  A number of us have noticed a decrease in quality of the Gems en Vogue and Chuck Clemency merchandise, which is too bad.  I'm pretty much finished with them.

@Kachina624 

I bought an ONISS Ceramic Watch from them years ago.  It was my birthday so I got 10% off plus it was on sale and my cost ended up being $109 which was a great buy.  Ceramic watches were fairly new back then and very costly.  I loved watching Chuck Clemency's shows and Gems en Vogue, have some pieces of theirs, again, many years ago.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam