Valued Contributor

Yes! I remember when it was Value Vision.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope evine or shop NBC whatever they call it stays alive.  With the Q and HSN being the same,we need competition.  Ive

never ordered from evine but have been tempted.  Way too many watch shows.

JTV 100% jewelry and the hosts are all awful. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

Yes! I remember when it was Value Vision.

It began in 1991 as Value Vision, changed to Shop NBC in 2001. Then it was Shop HQ, then Evine. 

Honored Contributor

I was thinking that maybe if they didn't go on cruises and broadcast from Miami, Las Vegas and Italy that would save some money.  They have been going on location like they won the lottery.

Honored Contributor

It does not surprise me they are having money troubles and the name is not the problem. I have never had a continuous good experience in buying from that shopping channel, no matter what they were calling themselves at the time. The masses do not buy that very high end merchandise they sell and the Millennial's would never shop there for anything due to the high S&H and returns.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I hope they can hang in there and turn things around.  I do enjoy watching many shows and like their beauty and health segments.   The watches not so much.....

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I hope they can hang in there and turn things around.  I do enjoy watching many shows and like their beauty and health segments.   The watches not so much.....

@SeaMaiden  ITA,  There are way too many watch shows. They can have them for a week straight.  Now that Invita is involved, they will have alot more.

Super Contributor

That would explain why all their prices suddenly went up.  I shop there often, especially for beauty and clothing.  All the sale stuff in my cart suddenly disappeared, even the item numbers not found. And things I had on my wish list, all went up in price.....So I guess no deals for us anymore.

Respected Contributor

Good I never liked the name Evine lol Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't recall them ever beingn ShopHQ.  They were ShopNBC and a couple of other things but never ShopHQ.  They change their name everytime they change hands.