Honored Contributor

I bought 3 of these yrs. ago and never regretted.

Really love these, no monthly charge and work like a dream.

Just love these. Saves me from getting up and answering a spam

call. Hit the red button and they won't be calling back. I don't get up unless it rings twice. Call Blocker, will let it ring once, then, your not

bothered.

Respected Contributor

Every time they are on air, I answer my phone, lol.... 😁... then I realize it isn't my phone...sighhhhh 

(My phone has a blocker on it....Panasonic land line....) 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@cbrite Our land line phone company just put it in our service at no extra charge. It showed up on the caller I. D. the otherday, I was shocked that they would do this. I think tons of people dropped using a land line and this is an incentive.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : Purchased this several years ago and made a difference. Also have the Panasonic phone that has the call block button on the hand set. Last few months the amount of calls increased instead a decreasing. We have phone service with our cable company that recently included the robo call service. What really upsets me- receiving telemarketing calls with my phone number that was supposed to be an unlisted number🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️. Southern Bee

Super Contributor

How funny that you posted this right now. I was just looking at one, on HSN 633-725, that just came back in stock. It holds more numbers and is a little more expensive. I've been using one for about 7 years, when I first moved into my home. I love it, and wouldn't be without it. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

Bought our 4 cordless AT&T phones over 2 years ago. You can set it so it blocks all numbers that are not in your phone directory. The phone does not rink at all if you have it set to auto block.You can also block any call at any time if you choose not to use the "auto block option". It will hold up to 1,000 blocked numbers.

Good phones all the way around.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'm very happy with my AT&T telephone that has call blocking.  You can block it on any phone, which is better to me than having to go to one handset for a separate call blocker.

For a while I was getting many calls for Anonymous every day.  Then I discovered that Comcast will block any call that comes in from a call that says Anonymous.  The problem was solved.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Some phone services have automatically started blocking or at least identifying what is considered a SPAM call.  

I had a block button on my Panasonic phone years ago when we still had a lan line.  Now that we are using cell phone only I continue to block those annoying numbers.  Unfortunately those companies have gotten smarter and they will continue to call with what appears to be a local number under different numbers each time.

Trusted Contributor

I have a similar set up to yours: call blocker, phone with block call button, and nomorobo. Alas, the number of scam and telemarketer calls per day increased at the start of the new year. Now I get spoofed calls that all appear to be almost identical to my phone number.  It is a shame, but I guess this is the new normal.