New Contributor

E - Gift Card ALERT, CASHSTAR

QVC utilizes a third party processor for their gift cards. Whether requesting a physical or virtual gift card, the order is placed through a company called CASHSTAR. 
After purchasing a virtual gift card on 12/19/22 & receiving an email with CND #, all seemed well. Not so. 
Today is the 22nd of December & I have yet to get this resolved. What once began as a $200 gift card has now become a matter of principle. $800 dollars later (of pending charges) has failed to be resolved. 

Since first placing the gift card order on the evening of 12/19 I have spent countless hours on hold or talking to CASHSTAR trying to figure out why my order is not going through. Initially, I receive a processed confirmation email, then another email follows stating they are unable to process once my funds have been secured. Four (4) separate times this has happened over the last few days. I have been told they are researching the issue & will get back to me, never have they gotten back to me. I've been told to wait online for 1,072 minutes! Yes 17.8 hours of wait time or press a button & they will return my call. Return call occurred with an hour but again, told I needed technical support & an email would be forthcoming. No email & technical support claims there is no viable reason my order should not have gone through. 
My patience was at NIL today with CASHSTAR so I called QVC customer service & spoke with a lovely operator named Dakota. She was AMAZING, HELPFUL & just as bewildered as I. Together we attempted to rectify this matter. After all was said & done she hoped I would receive an email stating the gift card had been processed thru CASHSTAR. Unfortunately, QVC does not have any say in how their gift cards are processed, let alone submitted when bought online, although I had to go to the QVC to purchase it. Again, a third party company processes these gift cards on QVC's behalf. 
Make a long story short...I have requested information as to where I can buy a physical gift card, no one knows. But, that is not my point at this juncture. How a company as large as QVC has continued with such a shoddy company like CASHSTAR over the years is compelling. I've read numerous complaints now, after setting up my own QVC account & I am spellbound how long this corruption has been allowed to continue. 
QVC utilizes E-Commerce transactions just like any other company in business today, in fact they were one of the very first. To assume they cannot get something like a gift card to a purchaser or the purchasers receipant as stated in their terms & conditions is unconscionable. 
After much thought & due diligence these last few days I wonder how many gift cards go unexplored or refunded when CASHSTAR refuses to process someone's request. Yes, refuses! There is not one reason that's been given to me for why every attempt I have made to transact has not gone through. Simply put, CASHSTAR doesn't know & they will place a request for funds back to my cards & or bank account used by way of my debit card. This tells me that had I not contacted them I would have never seen those funds again. Maybe a month down the line when I checked my statements? Forgot to double check my accounts & attempt to follow up? I can't even begin to imagine the nightmare which would have ensued. 
The last several days have been enfruiating, unhinging & a complete waste of my valuable time. 
A former poster on this forum discussed how he purchased a $500 gift card for his wife, only to be informed it was unusable. He was none to pleased, much like I. Hopefully, my reply to his original post will gain attention in some way. 
What will follow from this ludicrous experience is the following: Every agency will be contacted & a formal request will be made to investigate this matter. An audit will soon follow. Upon completion of this post I will be contacting QVC Corporate to address as well. Thankfully, QVC has an operator onboard by the name of Dakota in Virginia Beach. Had it not been for Dakota today I would literally have lost my mind due to the egregious nature of what I've faced these last few days. 
Should there be anyone who has experienced the same or similar, please contact me immediately. 

Honored Contributor

Re: E - Gift Card ALERT, CASHSTAR

@Flowerchild8888    I would start by filing a dispute with my credit card company.  Then I'd contact the consumer fraud division of my state's attorney general's office for guidance.  Is this a banking issue or a trade (FTC) issue?  They should be able to help.  Good luck....I wouldn't buy a Q Gift Card on a bet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have ordered a lot of giftcards this year for Christmas and bday gifts...all of them use a third party for the ecards; so far, so good.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not to minimize your frustration, but Cashstar is one of largest gift card and digital payment companies in the country.  QVC is just one of their brands.  I work for one of the brands mentioned below and we sell thousands of gift cards per week.  There can always be a random issue, but Cashstar is reliable in my experience.

I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

About CashStar

CashStar is a provider of prepaid commerce solutions, enabling retailers and restaurants to grow and innovate in the rapidly evolving retail environment. More than 300 leading brands worldwide rely on CashStar to power prepaid and digital gifting programs, including Best Buy, Brookstone, Coach, Crate & Barrel, Dell, Dunkin' Donuts, Gap, lululemon athletica, Office Depot, Petco, Pottery Barn, QVC, Sephora, Staples, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, The Home Depot and Williams-Sonoma.

Respected Contributor

Could there perhaps have been a problem with your method of payment for the card?

I have repeated bought QVC gift cards when they have their promotions. Never had a problem with any of them.

I have repeatedly walked into my grocery store and bought QVC gift cards. (That's my preferred method so I gain store perks.) Never had a problem with any cards. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

Could there perhaps have been a problem with your method of payment for the card?

I have repeated bought QVC gift cards when they have their promotions. Never had a problem with any of them.

I have repeatedly walked into my grocery store and bought QVC gift cards. (That's my preferred method so I gain store perks.) Never had a problem with any cards. 

I don't think @Flowerchild8888  realized she could get an actual QVC gift card at local grocery store (as she asked where she could get an actual card in her post).

Honored Contributor

It sounds like there was a problem with your payment method. It's not a QVC problem. Your problem is with Cashstar so you have to work with them to resolve it. This is why when I do give gift cards, I get American Express gift cards from my credit union.