Honored Contributor

Dutch Bros. Coffee locations have really taken off around here.

Based in Oregon but now with locations in 11 states and counting.

Mostly drive-through although you can buy coffee (ground or beans) on their website.

Seems to be giving good ol' Starbucks some much needed competition.

Looking to try the Hazelnut Truffle Mocha.

They have hot and cold drinks.

They also give back to the community and sponsor ALS since one of the founders was diagnosed years back.

Oh-and they have a rewards program for those who like perks.

Anybody try them?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen Dutch Brothers here in the Northeast.  But we have Dunkin, so we're good.

Respected Contributor

Dutch Bros has really expanded here in the last couple of years. The lines are always long. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I can't comment on their coffee. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

[ Edited ]

I haven't tried Dutch Bros. but my niece absolutely loves it.  The location near me is always busy busy busy!!

Respected Contributor

a Dutch Bros Coffee opened in our area a few months ago. It seems to be always busy with a very long drive-thru lane...there is no inside area to sit down...but they also have a walk-up window. DH is a coffee addict but can only do decaf. They have only one decaf coffee there; he ordered it and it was so weak he coulnd't drink it. I don't think the young  workers there are very experienced at all....very perky and welcoming but don't know how to make actual coffee; their genre seems to be blended drinks like Dunkin mostly does. Serious coffee drinkers who prefer th super dark stuff still show up at Starbucks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

[ Edited ]

I saw something abt  Dutch Bros  Coffee on TV , I think it was one of those financial channels. I hope they branch out here  on the east coast as I would love to try their coffee. I do like Tim Hortons coffee but have only seen it in Canada or  western NY state or through Bed Bath Beyond . Have tried Seattle's Best when I traveled to west coast .

I don't like the French Roast of Starbucks .

Respected Contributor

Dunn Bros coffee seems to be giving Starbucks a lot of competition in our area, but I read all the time how Dunkin outsells Starbucks now....but they don't sell just straight coffee much at all....so hard to know how much of a threat they are to Starbucks. DH likes Dunn Bros but prefers Starbucks because they have several decaf coffees....one that is so dark it looks like mud....yuk...but DH loaves it.hhis only vice, and he grinds the beans at home.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Starbucks, two Dutch Bros, Dunkin and a Bikiki Beans all within a mile of my house. The Dutch Bros was so busy they opened a second location a block away across from the Starbucks. Every single one of them is busy all day. 

Respected Contributor

We have a Scooters here where I live here in NC.  The only Starbucks is in Target but there is a Dunkin Donuts.  We also have some indepently owned coffee shops that are very good. 

Honored Contributor

Oklahoma City area suburbs are getting Dutch Bros. and Dunkin is coming back in.  Shipleys is closing some stores.