Honored Contributor

Re: During most of the day, what footwear are you wearing?

For walking the dog, hiking boots.

Around the house, Crocs.

For work, Alegrias.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

just bee, you must be thrilled nurses no longer wear white "nurses' shoes."Smile

Super Contributor

In the house I wear comfy socks but outside I wear slip on Skechers Go Walks. They are like walking on two clouds.
Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2014 lulu2 said:

just bee, you must be thrilled nurses no longer wear white "nurses' shoes."Smile

where I worked as a nurse they had very strict rules about what we could wear on our feet to work. No open toes - no clogs - must be washable - must wear socks. Mostly, everyone just wore sport shoes. They outlawed clogs because so many workers had walked out of them and either fell or sprained their ankles.
Honored Contributor

I was just at the bank and while waiting in line I noticed a lady had on a very cute pair of Sketchers but I also noticed she was standing with her ankle turned in a very hazardous position. that is hat a shoe needs to prevent and that is done by supporting the arch. Just like the guy who sells orthoheels demonstrates. The orthopedic surgeon who did my ankle surgery did that same thing drawing the lines down my leg from my knee to my ankle.
Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2014 lulu2 said:

I started wearing Alegrias when I worked as a tech (while I was going through nursing school). Most of the nurses thought they were ridiculous and they said they'd never wear them. Flash forward to local hospitals mandating that nurses be color-coded and must wear specific hospital-issued scrubs -- no more personal choices.

All of a sudden, the nurses around me were buying up every color and style of Alegrias because that was the only way they could express themselves in the workplace.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2014 just bee said:
On 2/18/2014 lulu2 said:

I started wearing Alegrias when I worked as a tech (while I was going through nursing school). Most of the nurses thought they were ridiculous and they said they'd never wear them. Flash forward to local hospitals mandating that nurses be color-coded and must wear specific hospital-issued scrubs -- no more personal choices.

All of a sudden, the nurses around me were buying up every color and style of Alegrias because that was the only way they could express themselves in the workplace.

Shoes are always a great way to express our personalities.

It nice to know some hospitals are color coding scrubs. There are times it is difficult to tell whether a person is a nurse or a housekeeper. (both IMPORTANT jobs in a hospital)

OT, so what to your toe nails look like under those spiffy shoes?

Respected Contributor

At home, it socks year round.

Out, it depends on weather. Winter: UGG clogs Summer: Crocs sandals and Orthoheel sandals.

For some reason I can't wear heels anymore, so for dressy occasions I'm usually in cute black flats.

Respected Contributor

in the house, never shoes. Either barefoot or in sheepskin slippers with the soft bottoms, no rubber soles.

Respected Contributor

I wear slippers at home...usually the ballet type with soft bottoms.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli