Honored Contributor

During most of the day, what footwear are you wearing?

I know a lot of ladies are still working so they wear the appropriate footwear. Just wondered what my fellow ladies on here find comfortable in footwear.

Care to comment?

Oh, and I need tennis shoes to support my back on any hard surfaces.

Trusted Contributor

Re: During most of the day, what footwear are you wearing?

I walk around the house in a thick pair of slipper socks. When I go out I generally wear a flat sensible shoe. The days of me in high heels is over.

Honored Contributor

Toms. Home and work.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

At home, I wear socks. Outside, I wear a sturdy pair of Lands' End shoes that are no longer available. When I need to dress up a bit, I have Born ballet flats that are over a decade old--but still in great shape.

Honored Contributor

For standing all day, I recommend Alegria or Birkenstocks- way more comfortable than athletic shoes. Can you wear a clog like this style? (They have different styles and colors, if you need solids or a back support).

Honored Contributor

At home, I wear a pair of Birkenstocks. After two severe bouts of Plantar Fasciitis, I am never barefoot at home, except in the shower. In the winter, I wear socks with my Birkenstocks. It's a fashion showstopper.

When I leave the house, I wear a pair of Birkenstock clogs or my favorite Pikolinos loafers/mocs. And I recently bought a pair of Easy Spirit 360's that I love.

I recently bought my first 2 pairs of Toms and am looking forward to wearing them when (if) the weather ever warms up.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Around the house, I am either wearing slippers, cozy slipper socks (like the ones from BBW and Old Navy), or go barefoot.

When I am out and about, I wear cute sneakers, Uggs, or a riding boot.

At work, I wear comfortable flats. Most of the ones I own are from Aerosoles.

During the warmer weather months, I am almost always in a J-Crew flip flop. They are very comfortable for me.

Honored Contributor

When I'm home, I wear slippers.
Super Contributor

Socks dry out my feet. At home I wear athletic shoes with an orthotic type insole. (My feet aren't so young, anymore). If going out somewhere, I wear Clark's clogs.

Respected Contributor

Knock on wood, I finally found a way to get rid of my heel pain and still wear whatever shoes I want.

I "ruined" my left heel years ago by wearing a pair of boots that had no support, and a wooden heel while doing a lot of fast walking around on a college campus, but...

I bought a brace to wear on my foot during sleep a couple of months ago. It keeps the foot stretched in the correct angle.

I never wear high heels, because I look silly when walking in them, but I no longer have to wear just birkis, and orthaheels. I can wear whatever I want!

I also have orthaheel shoe inserts if I want extra support in whatever shoe I want to wear.