Esteemed Contributor

Dumb fedex smartpost tracking

I don't know what forum to put this on so I will just stick it here. I have just seen the dumbest shipping of a item I ordered from Amazon ever. It was sipped out of a warehouse fedex smart post out of indianapolis Indiana. I live in Fort Wayne Indiana. It is about two hours north of Indianapolis Somehow my package shipped out of Indianapolis and went clear up to Michigan. Then it has to come back down to me. Really. They can't stop on there way to drop it off at the post office for delivery.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dumb fedex smartpost tracking

I can top that . I ordered a DVD from Deep Discount. I live in amarillo, Tx it got as far as Dallas, Tx then, it took a turn to Chicago,Ill. ! I called in and said "what's up with that"? they tracked it and said it was left at somebody's doorstep and they would issue a new one.

People working nowdays don't care that's the problem. Nobody pays attention to their work just give it a flip. I couldn't had gotten by with nothing when I was young there were rules you did your job or got shown the door. Plain and simple.

Frequent Contributor

I sent a package from Illinois last Fall to Phoenix via USPS Priority two-day mail.  It went to Buffalo, NY, then to NJ, FL and a litte more than three weeks later finally was delivered to Phoenix.

Wen user for over 14 years.

Favorite formulas: TT, LAV, SCM, FTP, WCM, 613, MIF, BGT
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All FedEx packages route through Kentucky, if I'm not mistaken.  Even if you FedEx a package down the street (!), it would route through the main FedEx location in Kentucky, then be routed back.  

Remember the massive snowstorm we had on the East coast around Christmas time?  Kentucky had an ice storm.  QVC customers complaining they wouldn't get their last-minute gifts in time?  It could be sunny blue skies everywhere, but if Kentucky is out of commission, we're SOL.  Bingo....that's why.  Everyone was affected. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
I don't know what forum to put this on so I will just stick it here. I have just seen the dumbest shipping of a item I ordered from Amazon ever. It was sipped out of a warehouse fedex smart post out of indianapolis Indiana. I live in Fort Wayne Indiana. It is about two hours north of Indianapolis Somehow my package shipped out of Indianapolis and went clear up to Michigan. Then it has to come back down to me. Really. They can't stop on there way to drop it off at the post office for delivery.

I hate that shipping service, too.

It likely tracked thru Bellville, MI which is just west of Detroit's Metro airport. My tracking on a package from Macy's told me 10 days for delivery. Got here in 5. Then at 8am it said "delivered"....at 2:45 that afternoon. I'm done with Macy's.

Honored Contributor

Wish I had a local Macy's wahhhhhhhhhhhh I miss them..........

Esteemed Contributor

Yep went to bellvue. Mi. I have never had a problem with smartpost. Always got my stuff quick. This surprised me.

Some of your tracking stories are funny.
Honored Contributor

@Lacey Skye wrote:

I sent a package from Illinois last Fall to Phoenix via USPS Priority two-day mail.  It went to Buffalo, NY, then to NJ, FL and a litte more than three weeks later finally was delivered to Phoenix.

I live in PHX.........and it's a toss of the dice when we get anything......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I call it dumbpost. And it's the dumbest move UPS ever made.

Trusted Contributor

After reading soe of the posts, it is nice to see people complain about things that are ultimately unimportant.  It is also painfully obvious that people posting no little (to nothing0 about logistics.

Please stop acting as if these packages are all being shipped indiidually.  It is not as if separate couriers are carrying each individual package.  Packages are combined with thousands of others, shipped to central distribution facilities, sorted, and then sent back out.  While this may seem counter-intuitive to many here, the fact is it is faster, more efficient, and cheaper.

And just to flarify something, all Fed Ex packages are not routed through Kentucky.  Many UPS packages are as the UPS Worldport is located in Louisville.  This is the largest UPS facility on the planet, and more than 98% of all international packages go through it, but even then, not all packages.

Why people persist in complaining about things like shipping routes makes no sense.  The ultimate goal is to receive the item.  How it gets there does not matter.