Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Mayo, not a food I ever eat.

hn

What do you use for tuna salad, chicken salad,and potato salad?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Dukes for me. I think it has to do with what you grew up eating. Whichever you choose, it is now mayonnaise season with the tomatoes coming in. Tomato sandwiches are so good.

doxie

Honored Contributor

Re: Duke's Real Mayonnaise

[ Edited ]

Lol. You all are going to HATE this:

We use butter on our tomato sandwiches; NEVER mayo. Same with our cucumber and onion sandwiches. Of course, the butter has to be VERY soft and VERY buttery (freshly churned or Irish). A very thin shmear and that's it. Soft white bread, of course.

Honored Contributor

@Sueliz

I tried this a couple of years ago so it is hard to remember but I know I did not like the "mouth feel" and it almost had a stale taste.  Anyway I threw it out - the Dukes I tried I used up but never bought again.  I have made my own mayo a couple of times and I still like Best Foods better!

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone else use Hain Pure Foods Safflower Mayonnaise?

I tried it from Vitacost.com a few years ago, and have been ordering it ever since.  Picky DH likes it, too.  I eat a lot of mayo and like to avoid excessive soy in my diet.  Most if not all of the specialty mayos on store shelves still have soybean oil, but this one does not.  It does have a little sugar, though:

Ingredients: Expeller pressed safflower oil, whole eggs, grain vinegar, filtered water, egg yolks, salt, egg whites, dehydrated cane juice, spice, lemon juice concentrate, honey, mixed tocopherols (vitamin E)*, natural flavors, paprika extractives (for color).

Our brand name favorites through the years have been Bama and Kraft.  I recently bought Duke's for the first time, and we like it, too.  They all taste too similar to make much difference to us, including the Hain Safflower. 

Valued Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Sueliz

I tried this a couple of years ago so it is hard to remember but I know I did not like the "mouth feel" and it almost had a stale taste.  Anyway I threw it out - the Dukes I tried I used up but never bought again.  I have made my own mayo a couple of times and I still like Best Foods better!

@DiAnne, thanks so much for the reply!  I think I'll stick to my Hellmann's, lol.   Thanks again. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD

You asked where Blue Plate mayo is made..............by Reily Foods in New Orleans, Louisiana, since 1927, according to label on container.

Contains soybean oil, distilled vinegar, egg yolks, water, sugar, salt, calcium disodium EDTA (to protect quality, natural flavor.

Yep, Blue Plate rules here in New Orleans. Nothing else tastes right to me after a lifetime of Blue Plate mayonnaise. It's rich and tangy, no sweetness at all. When we lived in Ohio, we always brought a supply back with us - enough to last till the next visit. I've actually never heard of Dukes. I'll definitely check for it on my next grocery visit. (But I won't be buying any, lol.)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@catlover

I'm an old Georgia gal.  There is nothing better than a tomato sandwich with Dukes mayonaisse.  It's creamy and the taste, although less sweet than Hellmans, is just as flavorful.  It also makes delicious pimento cheese.    

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Lol. You all are going to HATE this:

We use butter on our tomato sandwiches; NEVER mayo. Same with our cucumber and onion sandwiches. Of course, the butter has to be VERY soft and VERY buttery (freshly churned or Irish). A very thin shmear and that's it. Soft white bread, of course.

That sounds like something my dear dad would've done.  Not sure if it was his Irish roots, but he put butter on all of his sandwiches.  I never could understand it!  

I am not a big eater of mayo but when I do, it's Hellman's.  I live in New England and just started noticing Duke's commercials on tv so I assume they might be coming to stores up here.  Haven't noticed it any any markets yet.  As long as it doesn't taste anything like Miracle Whip I might give it a try if I see it.

Honored Contributor

I have used Follow Your Heart  reduced fat Vegenaise for years. Good for you and delicious!

Reduced Fat Vegenaise® with Flaxseed and Olive Oils offers the classic creamy taste and texture of Original Vegenaise® with less than half the fat and calories of regular mayo! It’s Better Than Mayo™!

Ingredients: Tapioca starch, Apple cider vinegar, Organic soy beans, Lemon juice concentrate, Guar gum, Olive oil and Water

Attributes: CERTIFIED NON GMO, CHOLESTEROL FREE, CORN FREE, DAIRY FREE, FOOD SERVICE (NOT PRIVATE LABEL ITEMS), GLUTEN FREE, KOSHER, LACTOSE FREE, NATURAL INGREDIENTS ONLY, NON GMO, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, WHEAT FREE, YEAST FREE