Honored Contributor

Why do they tell you not to use dryer sheets and Berkshire blankets, Cuddle Duds fleece wear, etc.????

Honored Contributor

Re: Dryer Sheets and Microfiber

I believe they leave a coating which mat down the fibers. I'm not sure, though. All I know is that folks don't pay any attention to me, and each time I see those matted down beautiful throws that I gifted to them, (all brands, including Berkshire), I've decided to pick my gift-ee) people/recipients with more care.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@rms1954wrote:

Why do they tell you not to use dryer sheets and Berkshire blankets, Cuddle Duds fleece wear, etc.????

I think the products clog the fibers,I never used dryer sheets or softeners ,and the fleece and blankets dry very quickly just hanging up

Honored Contributor

I have not used dryer sheets in over 10 years, not good for the dryer or the fabrics. I keep 4 of the blue silicone dryer balls in my dryer at all times, last forever.

Honored Contributor

I'm now thinking that those 'peeps' are using them on purpose. Why display my beautiful gifted throws which are matted down in a bad way? They just don't want to follow any directions, imo. A personality trait, I guess. The don't suggest to me what to do and not do type of personality. Just a guess, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dryer sheets are basically made of a piece of ultra-thin cloth coated with a thin layer of wax which will cause fluffy fine fibers, for instance microfiber, to flatten, become sticky and attract more lint/dirt.

-------------

Ever use brow wax? Same thing... flattens and makes the hair sticky so they lay down flat.

Respected Contributor

I never use dryer sheets anymore. I use the wool dryer balls. Saves $ and environment and the sheets make your clothes "gummy" after awhile. And it accumulates in your dryer.

Trusted Contributor

They also sometimes say to dry on no heat. I should probably do that, but it always seems counter intuitive to me. So I dry on low and they "picky" looking like sheeps wool.

Does the no heat setting actually dry the throws?

Honored Contributor

They coat the fabrics, not good at all,and your dryer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Microfiber and polyester is made from plastic. Dryer sheets are wax and oil that coats fabric.

The two together with heat will create a mess.

I do not use dryer sheets at all. They are full of chemicals that are harmful. Toxic chemicals that are known to cause cancer and other illnesses, including respiratory problems. They should be driven from the market.