Honored Contributor

The fires in New Mexico continue to rage after an unusually windy day today.  The relative humidity tomorrow at many locations including Albuquerque is predicted to be 1 to 2%.  Is it any wonder the forests are tinder dry?  The largest fire increased by 33,000 acres just yesterday.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

So very sorry.  Praying.

Honored Contributor

I have a humidity gauge out on my deck and it has been reading as low as 1% to 6% everyday for the past week or so. Colorado state officials are about to launch a burn ban and it will be in affect all summer long. Even though I live in a suburban development, there is still a risk of fire b/c of tall trees and flammable building materials in my neighborhood. Seems there are house fires reported almost everyday. It's very concerning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, Every time I see a map of fires, and see your state, I send a prayer out to the universe hoping it is not close to you!

Believe it or not, we are starting to have a few fires in CT due to dry conditions.  

Maybe Mother Earth is trying to tell us something, me thinks?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    I wonder how many idiots will be setting off firecrackers on the Fourth of July?  They may find a lynch mob after them if they do.  People are dead serious about avoiding a fire.

We don't live in a forest but there are tons of low desert vegetation like dried tumbleweeds, sage, chimesa, tall grasses, etc.  The ground is 100% covered with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT  So true.  I think Mother Earth is screaming at us.  These fires are heartbreaking. It's unbearable to see it on the news.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

we had some little hail and it actually rained some last night like maybe for a whole 15 minutes. Everybody is thrilled. Hopefully, it repeats tonight.

Been so long since I heard rain didn't know what that was. LOL

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Kachina624, Every time I see a map of fires, and see your state, I send a prayer out to the universe hoping it is not close to you!

Believe it or not, we are starting to have a few fires in CT due to dry conditions.  

Maybe Mother Earth is trying to tell us something, me thinks?

@PamfromCT    Methinks Mother Earth is speaking loud and clear.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The fires in New Mexico continue to rage after an unusually windy day today.  The relative humidity tomorrow at many locations including Albuquerque is predicted to be 1 to 2%.  Is it any wonder the forests are tinder dry?  The largest fire increased by 33,000 acres just yesterday.

@Kachina624 

So sorry ...  How far away are you from the fires? 

I know the feeling of fires nearby ...  and winds makes it more scary and unpredictable ... if that is even possible.   And days when the percentage of containment drops because it's spreading so darn fast.

I missed it ... how far away are you from the fires ....  do you have any relatives close to them?  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 This is beyond belief. We are trying to follow the fires on the news apps, but it is overwhelming. The humidity levels, unrelenting winds, and high temperatures are making a difficult job almost impossible. The firefighters have to be exhausted. The containment percentages are still so low on the fires.

We finally got some rain here in West Texas last night, but we need much more. I hope there is a big monsoon season this year. Of course, New Mexico needs it yesterday without having to wait for the rainy season.

I know it is drastic, but the forests need to be closed to the public. They can miss one year of camping if it means there will be a forest there for the next hundred years instead of charred stumps.