Respected Contributor

Re: Drought Illness & Other Horrors in California

Drip systems are great during such times.  

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body.  The invalid HTML has been removed.  Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.   

That RED message was show under my post.  I am doing nothing but writing and posting.  This keeps happening.   What is that about?   

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body.  The invalid HTML has been removed.  Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.   

That RED message was show under my post.  I am doing nothing but writing and posting.  This keeps happening.   What is that about?   

It means that you have included text that was from an HTML source not recognized. Just ignore and post, and your reply will look normal.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

It means that you have included text that was from an HTML source not recognized. Just ignore and post, and your reply will look normal.

This happens to me all the time.  I click post, and the photo posts just like I copied it.  IDK why, or what it means exactly, but I just go for it and click post

Honored Contributor

My goodness...
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

This is not the first drought this state has experienced.........far from it.........nor will it be the last......it's not the first time allergies have gone a little wild from dust that has been kicked up..........and it won't be the last..........here in the San Joaquin Valley, allergies are the least of anyone's problem.........we've got Valley Fever.........and it won't be the first time we've experienced an out break of it........last one I remember was the winter of 78, I think..........and it's not the first time we've had to deal with the threat of fire.......nor will it be the last......there is no "horror" to it.......it's all just a part of living in California..................................................raven 

As a CA native, it's something that has come in cycles in my lifetime.  My late folks even went through the same.  Seems every 15 years or so this comes around.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

This is not the first drought this state has experienced.........far from it.........nor will it be the last......it's not the first time allergies have gone a little wild from dust that has been kicked up..........and it won't be the last..........here in the San Joaquin Valley, allergies are the least of anyone's problem.........we've got Valley Fever.........and it won't be the first time we've experienced an out break of it........last one I remember was the winter of 78, I think..........and it's not the first time we've had to deal with the threat of fire.......nor will it be the last......there is no "horror" to it.......it's all just a part of living in California..................................................raven 

As a CA native, it's something that has come in cycles in my lifetime.  My late folks even went through the same.  Seems every 15 years or so this comes around.  

That is correct.  

Honored Contributor

No, actually that is not correct. This is the worst drought in CA in 1200 years.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:
No, actually that is not correct. This is the worst drought in CA in 1200 years.

And who was keeping a temp record 1,200 years ago?   

Honored Contributor

OWS said:

And who was keeping a temp record 1,200 years ago?   

~~ onewhiteSparrow ~~

Tree Rings Record History of Drought

Using tree rings, researchers have created a record of droughts dating back hundreds to thousands of years. 

http://discovermagazine.com/2014/march/3-studying-drought-with-tree-rings

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-26/drought-presents-oasis-of-opportunity/6573808

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In