Esteemed Contributor

I just saw where QVC has a drone as tsv. This reminded me of my son telling us how last year, he was at my in laws cabin with them, and there was a drone flying right above them. They were outside, they said it did get very close. There are just a few people who live in the area full time, but several cabins scattered throughout the area.

Personally, I wouldn't like to see a drone flying over my property. I have nothing to hide, it seems like an invasion of privacy.

What would you think if you saw one on your property, right above you while you wre outside?

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't care, but I would mind if they were hovering next to my windows

Honored Contributor

IMO another useless invention that could lead to a lot of problems.

Honored Contributor

My neighbor has one and he is always outside flying it.  The only thing that makes me uneasy is that a lot of them have cameras on them.  This one is very large and white.  It drives my dog crazy.  

Respected Contributor

One of my Amazon orders said it would be delivered by amazon and my SO stated that meant drone.  Boy was he disappointed when someone in a private car delivered it. The woman rang the doorbell, waited for someone to answer and handed it to us which is a heck of lot more than what UPS and USPS typically will do (although varies by driver).  

Respected Contributor

I have been noticing drones occasionally during the day and even more so at night.  How far can those cameras see?  I always go out and sit on the back patio when I let my dog out and notice them after dark.  Kind of freaky.   

Respected Contributor

Earlier this year a neighbor was walking around in my backyard and when I approached he indicated his son had flown his drone over OUR house and it must have crashed.  I was too stunned to say anything but offer to help to find.  Later when my senses returned, I remembered his son was less than 5 years old!  So if it wasn't his son (or if it was, that's just as bad), it was him.  Why wasn't he flying over his own home?  The idea that these can be flown over others' private property makes me quite uneasy.  Even if someone was innocently flying it, it opens the door for "peepers" or staulkers, etc.  No, I don't think they should be allowed in neighborhoods.

Frequent Contributor

I had a drone fly over me while I was outside gardening in my backyard. At first it sounded like insects swarming in the distance, then it got closer and louder. When it sounded like a bunch of hornets getting too close for comfort, I looked up and it was a drone hovering up above, rather high. It darted away quickly, as I almost fell over backwards trying to see it better.

It could have belonged to anyone, but I figured it was a realtor getting an overhead shot of the house on the cul-de-sac above us that was going up for sale. More and more realtors are finding them useful for this purpose. Although, my DH (who loves all things electronic) says that 1/3 of the drones purchased get brought back. People fly them around for a bit, and then there's not much else to do with them.