Honored Contributor

When do you usually go grocery shopping?

For me, it could be anywhere betweein 9pm and 3am...

Only on rare occasions I will grocery shop during the day anymore. I have just became weary of the long checkout lines, having to park a mile away, kids screaming and running around in the aisles, impatient folks behind me at the checkout when they see I have coupons, etc.

Last night I went to 3 stores to grocery shop...Target, Walmart and Hyvee.

It was so pleasant and peaceful...and I wasn't stressed out. I could park close to the stores, no screaming kids, the aisles were clear except for the restockers (a bonus to that is if an item is empty on a shelf you wanted, they can usually get it for you), and nobody breathing down my neck at the checkout.

There are a few stores I do shop at during the day since they are not open 24/7...Whole Foods, and a couple of neighborhood local grocers I get specific things...like much better cuts of meats and certain products that aren't available anywhere else locally...

How about you? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: When do you usually go grocery shopping?

@Susan Louise wrote:

For me, it could be anywhere betweein 9pm and 3am...

Only on rare occasions I will grocery shop during the day anymore. I have just became weary of the long checkout lines, having to park a mile away, kids screaming and running around in the aisles, impatient folks behind me at the checkout when they see I have coupons, etc.

Last night I went to 3 stores to grocery shop...Target, Walmart and Hyvee.

It was so pleasant and peaceful...and I wasn't stressed out. I could park close to the stores, no screaming kids, the aisles were clear except for the restockers (a bonus to that is if an item is empty on a shelf you wanted, they can usually get it for you), and nobody breathing down my neck at the checkout.

There are a few stores I do shop at during the day since they are not open 24/7...Whole Foods, and a couple of neighborhood local grocers I get specific things...like much better cuts of meats and certain products that aren't available anywhere else locally...

How about you? Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

I try to hold off until my husband has a day off and then we divide and conquer. If I go myself, I like to go in the morning on a weekday. 

Respected Contributor

I always shop in the morning, weekdays only. When I retired I said I would leave the weekends at stores for working people. If it wasn't for personal safety I might do what you do shop late at night. You point out a variety of issues that bug me too!
Esteemed Contributor

For groceries my usual time is between 6:30am and 9:00am.  I prefer a quiet Sunday morning, but a weekday will suffice too.  If I am unable to shop during those hours then it's late morning (between10:00am and Noon) on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Absolutely no Friday and Saturday grocery shopping for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I shop at Walmart....I don't have a specific day or time of day except I will never shop after dark...I would be afraid out there alone...both going and coming back home...

When I shop I buy a lot...and because i have issues walking ...it takes me a long time to load my trunk...then empty my trunk...get the stuff in the apartment...and then move my car to a parking space...and get inside....

Nope...can't do night for that reason..

Honored Contributor

what the heck are you doing out at 3 am.I would be afraid to be robbed or worse.I didn't mean to sound rude but those are the hours where trouble finds you as my mom used to say.

Honored Contributor

I prefer to go between 9AM and Noon on week days. The stores are very slow and I just get in and out quickly.

Honored Contributor

When we lived in So. Calif the crowds were horrible, lines for everything.....but I was used to it.... then again I wasn't the age I am now...Woman Wink

But we retired to a small town and most places don't have the level of crowds I was used to so it's a pleasure shopping and I usually shop when we run out of stuff.  I keep a running grocery list on my smart phone.  But both my sons do their grocery shopping during the evening hours (they're still in-training for their shopping license  Woman LOL)....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Saturday mornings at Costco. Always. Gets so old, but I need food and that's the only time I can go.

Honored Contributor

I go grocery shopping when I feel the need to. I usually try and stock up on some things once a week but I enjoy food shopping so I like to get fresh produce and fresh fish at a fish store the day I am going to eat it. Kids don't bother me in grocery stores. The ones I see are usually so cute and they remind me of the days when I was a stay at home mom and brought them with me when I went shopping....