Esteemed Contributor

After reading the Secret Shower thread, I was thinking about drones overhead while being outside, sunbathing or whatever.  Have you ever had a drone fly over your yard while you were outside?  I have never seen a drone that I know of.  I sure wouldn't want one hovering nearby either.

Honored Contributor

A realtor once used one while photographing a house the next street over.  I didn't give it much of a thought.

Respected Contributor

There are laws in place that you have to get permission form local airports everytime you fly one. If you see one you can report it and find out if the people have permission to do so. 

Honored Contributor

I have never seen a drone anywhere 

Valued Contributor

My husband has one.  Here's the thing.  They take a skilled person to navigate and there is definitely a learning curve.  He has crashed his to the ground more times then it stayed afloat.  

I was not happy when this thing was delivered.  It scares the animals and it makes an annoying noise.  You can hear it before you see it.  Initially, he was flying it inside the house.  Yes..........I know.  

I told him I was going to grab it and destroy it.  But, eventually the novelty wore off and he hasn't played with it for many weeks and I'm sure if it will take another learning curve again as they are not easy to navigate.  Have to clarify this is not a toy.  I told him not to use it around our neighbors.  

Honored Contributor

'Gee', just the other day (maybe yesterday?), I was thinking that I haven't seen any drones flying around lately.

I thought 'What happened to the drones?'.  Haven't seen them advertised lately, too.

One youngster asked me if I had seen his drone in my back yard.  Years ago. 

I'm not completely sure if I would have given it back to him, had I found one in my yard (lol).

But, no, it wasn't in my yard, just in case you're wondering.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Harry and Meghan have been having trouble with them while out by the pool with Archie.

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'Gee', just the other day (maybe yesterday?), I was thinking that I haven't seen any drones flying around lately.

I thought 'What happened to the drones?'.  Haven't seen them advertised lately, too.

One youngster asked me if I had seen his drone in my back yard.  Years ago. 

I'm not completely sure if I would have given it back to him, had I found one in my yard (lol).

But, no, it wasn't in my yard, just in case you're wondering.

It's because of the restrictions. It's a pain in the behind to even fly one anywhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

Most of the times I've seen them were when I was at a park.  I've seen photos taken by drones on various online real estate listings.  One of the neighbor boys down the street has one.  I've seen him flying it, but never out of the perimeter of his yard.  

My dad has some model airplaines, and I actually considered getting him a drone as a gift.  However, I've read the good ones are $1000 and up, and I'm not so sure he'd use it that much for that price.  

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove    wrote:  I'm sure if it will take another learning curve again as they are not easy to navigate.

LOL.  I bet not, especially if you have ceiling fans.

No, I've never experienced one but from reading the NextDoor app and reports on people who've lost them, I know they're around.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment