Regular Contributor

Went to a drive by funeral today! My girlfriend's Mom died.

They had the coffin outside and the family was standing out there 6ft. apart! It was under a pavilion type thing. Got to save to her, just wanted to let her know I wanted to be there for her! So sad!

Honored Contributor

My friend lost her Mom today to the virus, she was 91. Having only immediate family out on the cemetery. 

Respected Contributor

That is an innovative solution.  At least relatives and friends could interact with the immediate family. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Re: Drive by funeral

[ Edited ]

@Jk9 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.

That is good advice.

Respected Contributor

I went to one last week. Inside funeral home. Everyone wore masks except the priest. We sat on chairs six feet  apart unless it was your spouse.

Only 10 mourners allowed.

Valued Contributor

Went to a drive bye funeral today.  My friend's husband  passed away.  We met in the parking lot of the funeral home and drove in a procession to the cemetery.  The casket and the family were outside of the chapel as we each drove by.  Sad not to be able to speak with them but just by the cars they knew they were in our prayers and thoughts.  Who would have thought!!

Honored Contributor

Although three of our acquaintances have died recently (not of the virus), the families have opted to forgo a funeral for now, and decided to have a memorial service later, when lockdowns have loosened more.

Honored Contributor

I am seeing locally, and I am sure it is probably all over, that on-line funerals are being held, where you stay home and the funerals, viewing, are just viewed on-line.  When I think of this, it just seems surreal to me.  I can't wrap my heard around it.  To think that this is what it's all come to.  I'm sorry, but it truly makes me so sad.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Hubby works a t a Funeral in retirement and this is exactly what Funeral Homes are doing...

Some will have a Memorial Service when it is safe to get together again...

Honored Contributor

On a happier note---the teachers from our local schools did a drive by yesterday, Friday,---a  happy birthday / we miss you salute to their students who live in the area--must have been 30 vehicals or more--with signs and balloons. And my hubs car club will do a drive by for a wedding on Sunday-----