Honored Contributor

Re: Drew Barrymore InStyle magazine cover

Drew is very versatile in her magazine ads...........

Many years ago, I wrote to one of the magazines (could have been Oprah magazine, but not sure).

Anyway, Drew had been modeling a liquid type of lipstick in a particular color (could have been an orange tint), and I wrote a compliment, telling the magazine how very versatile she is in all of her beauty/cosmetic photos.

They emailed me and thanked me for my input, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Lucky Dog 

And, all who like Drew...

She has some interesting things available at Walmart online.  

I've been eyeing some of her peel/place wallpaper, but haven't bought it yet.

She also had cosmetics at one time, but haven't seen those in a while.

Flower beauty. I remember that. Never tried it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I love her, she's very appealing. She still has Flower beauty, I use some of the products and I like them.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I really like her movie "Ever After." My kids and I watch it all the time.

It's a nice spin on the Cinderella story

Honored Contributor

If you go over to 'In Style Magazine', and Search:  'Drew Barrymore', all kinds of great articles pop up.

One is a cute photo of Drew when she was a young child.

Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I'm from Detroit. I wonder why she is wearing a Detroit News t-shirt?

I found this on the site of The Detroit News --

"The Detroit News reached out to Barrymore's agent and the public relations representative for InStyle to get to the bottom of where the Golden Globe Award winner may have picked up the T-shirt. One may guess that she purchased it at a local thrift shop during one of her visits to the area. The consensus among former Detroit News employees is that the shirt's design is from the early 1980s.

In 2009, Barrymore directed a movie that was filmed, in part, in Detroit. "Whip It," starring Ellen Page, Barrymore, Kristen Wiig and Juliette Lewis, was about a teen who rebelled against the world of beauty pageants her mother wanted for a more raucous world of roller derby."

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Lucky Dog 

And, all who like Drew...

She has some interesting things available at Walmart online.  

I've been eyeing some of her peel/place wallpaper, but haven't bought it yet.

She also had cosmetics at one time, but haven't seen those in a while.

Flower beauty. I remember that. Never tried it.

@Porcelain   I really like Drew and I have a few things from Flower Beauty that I really enjoy. My local WM does not sell her brand at that particular store anymore, and I miss it. 

I know she went through some rough times, but she seems to really have it all together. I think between Drew and Heather Orouke (RIP), they were really good child actors and so cute. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover ...thanks for this great picture.  While working for Warner Bros in Burbank many years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Drew Barrymore.  She was so sweet and so adorable, you just want to hug her.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan ...Drew Barrymore, as you mentioned, had some rough times but she always picked herself up and started over again.  I give her a lot of credit for never hiding her head in the sand and instead comes up stronger than ever.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Drew Barrymore has come a long way from her debut in “E.T.” at just 7 years old.

This 1982 file photo originally released by Universal Pictures shows actors, from left, Henry Thomas, Drew Barrymore and Robert MacNaughton in a scene from the film, "E.T.: The Extra- Terrestrial." THE CANADIAN PRESS/AP Photo/Universal Pictures-Amblin Entetainment, Bruce McBroom

Drew Barrymore Movies | By JayBird Drew Barrymore , Movies ...E.T. THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL ( 1982 ) – In The Good Old Days Of ...

In a special episode in 1982, Johnny Carson’s guest was 7-year-old Drew Barrymore, the actor who had just made a huge splash in the movie “E.T.” Barrymore made a funny entrance to the stage as she slipped and fell flat. She, however, handled the situation with grace, as Carson walked to help her up and move her to her seat.

Carson got things started by assuring her that there were grown-up people who had slipped on the stage before her. The audience was won over by the level of Barrymore’s cuteness as she blamed the accident on the slippery shoes that she had on. 

The two continued to discuss fashion, going to the dentist, and the career she was pursuing as an actress. Barrymore didn’t hold back, she went as far as popping her fake teeth to show her growing adult teeth.

Questioned about the role in the movie “E.T.,” Barrymore spoke of director Steven Spielberg and how she was able to get that part when she first auditioned for Poltergeist. Spielberg didn’t think she was able to play that role, but the 7-year-old proved to be a perfect fit for it.

Barrymore then talked more about how she was able to act “in awe” of something and she needed to scream, which she described as “screaming her throat off.”