Super Contributor

Re: Dream house built on wrong lot

I think the house they built was on an ocean front lot. The lot that should have been used was across the street from the ocean.

Seems to me the owners of the ocean front lot got themselves a nice house. The contruction company will probably need to rebuild on the correct lot at their own expense (or at the expense of the title company). If they bought title insurance, that might be tapped for pay out.

O/T, I've vacationed in Ocean Hammock several times, renting similar houses on the beach. It is a lovely place in a nice little town.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 GrettaGarbled said:

I think the house they built was on an ocean front lot. The lot that should have been used was across the street from the ocean.

Seems to me the owners of the ocean front lot got themselves a nice house. The contruction company will probably need to rebuild on the correct lot at their own expense (or at the expense of the title company). If they bought title insurance, that might be tapped for pay out.

O/T, I've vacationed in Ocean Hammock several times, renting similar houses on the beach. It is a lovely place in a nice little town.

It's the Vosses who own 18 properties not the owners of the lot on which the house was built.

The right lot is #23, the house is on #21 so I would think it's right next door not across the street.

Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 occasional rain said:
On 10/15/2014 GrettaGarbled said:

It's the Vosses who own 18 properties not the owners of the lot on which the house was built.

The right lot is #23, the house is on #21 so I would think it's right next door not across the street.

You are correct. The picture of the house looked oceanside to me. Looking at the plot, it backs up to a golf course.

Super Contributor

Holy huge picture batman! Yikes!

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 Complicated said:

I guess the owners never checked on the progress of the build?

Or some permit or inspection company did not catch the error?

Or the land owners never noticed a house on their land?

I agree, how ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's just a bad dream.

Valued Contributor

Here is a picture of the two olots side by side. It sounds like the people that had the house have lots of dough so it probably isn't going to devastate their finances like it would mine!!