Honored Contributor

Good morning Suzy, I've only been keeping the journal for a few weeks but I need to figure out how to interpret them!  I also started using some hypnosis techiques for better sleep because I'd wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to sleep.  Soo far soo good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dream Journal

[ Edited ]

Very interesting thread!...I have never thought about keeping a Dream Journal, but may start now!...I have always wished that I had kept a Daily Diary throughout my life, as I would love to be able to go back and read about all of the details of my experiences, thoughts and emotions....rather impossible to remember them all as we go through life.

I don't really dream all that often but, when I do, they tend to be rather emotional and, also,  some are really rather crazy and make no sense to me whatsoever....As suggested on this thread, I think that I will start writing down daily events and then, when I do have a dream, I will see if I can decipher any connection...I do know that our dreams are definitely a reflection of what is going on in our lives and many times everything merges together and causes some of our dreams to be so absolutely convoluted and they make no sense to us whatsoever!...Others I can sometimes see the connection!

Fascinating subject!...Thanks for starting this thread...I can't wait to go back to sleep tonight and, hopefully, I will have a dream!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Wild, I'm finding that the more I journal, the more I 'remember', it's very refreshing to look back even if's only a few day or a weeks worth of notations.......

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This really is a fascinating subject.  I've used self-hypnosis, too.   I've done quite a bit of "timed writing" which is a surprisingly effective way to learn about what's subconsciously going on in our mind -- but it works better when a therapist can help decipher the results.     I think a dream journal might work in a similar way, and my dreams tend to be vivid.  Thanks for the thread!  This is great food for thought (unintended tiny pun).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

In the beginning of dreaming some find they can't remember their dream.   We dream every night.   Keep that in mind.   As you go off to sleep keep remembering that you have next to the bed your Book of Dreams.  And you need to remember your dreams.  You are programing your mind to help you remember your dreams.  Maybe you thought dreams are really nothing important...so the mind said, fine don't remember the dreams. 

Let your self know that you value that part of who you are.  The dream side of you is just as important as your awake state of Being whole.   

Keep your dream tools ready to write down your hidden side.  Your hidden side is things that others can not see; but only you; it is your hidden self of who you are.  Your hidden side is seen in codes.  

Esteemed Contributor

onewhitesparrow...Yes, I have heard it said that we all do dream every night...I wonder why some dreams still remain somewhat with us upon waking while others do not?...Also, I have found that the details of my dreams gradually fade upon waking.

I remember one time specifically, when I woke up from a disturbing dream, and I had tears streaming down my face and I felt shaken...It actually took me a few minutes to realize that what I had been dreaming hadn't really happened!...I won't go into the specifics of the dream except to say that it had to do with betrayal by someone very close to me...Also, what I found very interesting is that there was a very vivid phone number in the dream and it was still very clear to me upon waking...I wrote it down and was almost tempted to call the number but decided not to.

This thread has made me more aware of how our dreams are really such a very important part of our lives and what their meanings may reveal to us...Also, it was interesting how you mentioned our "hidden self" which, of course, we all have...I'm just not sure what you mean about "codes"?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I think I dream every night, but I don't remember what they were about. If something traumatic has happened in my life I will occassionally dream about it and I do remember the dream, but not details. I will also have goofy dreams about mundane things I partially remember.

Respected Contributor

wildflowers,  The faded dreams upon awaking is why you should keep a Book Of Dreams (my own wording) beside the bed with a pin.  So you can fast write down something; even tiny bits hoping you can help yourself bring back more information.  You will help your mind to know how important it is to remember yur dreams.  You mind does listen to your thoughts and tries to help;  in ways you work with your mind.  If we do not use that side of our "hidden self" it goes to sleep. (smile)                      

About the phone number in your dream.   It could even be a LOTTO number?   Not sure what your dream was about I think I would have called the number and listen to the voice and see what kind of impression or thought form I got from that call.  What thoughts came to me making that call?  

Let all of your mind help you in life.  I call it Being More Alive.   Wake up yourself.   Too many have shut down most of their mind and toss away their own "higher consciousness."   Where our senses are turned up on high to help you in your life.  

This is about me using the wording "codes."   Each of us have our own "codes."   I learned this from keeping my Book of Dreams.    I say how a person from my youth was something else in a symbol or my own code for that person.   No one else would understand why that person came to me in that code.   Only I would know.   Have fun reworking and awaking yourself and bring your hidden side outside and become one.  (smile)   

Respected Contributor

baker,  You wrote about "goofy dreams about mundane things that you partially remember."      The "goofy" part could be a "code" for you to know talking about someone  or something else.  

Lets say what IF you had a dream of the real Goofy dog from Disneyland...but that is one of your codes for a fun friend or person you know; or could even be a fun location.  Later everytime you dream something about Goofy you know what that is showing you. 

No matter if all you remember is one sentance to write down.   Write that down....and think hard to see if you can bring it forward to write down a tiny bit more.   Keep working to help yourself to help your mind to start giving you your dream u0on awaking each morning.   If we do not use it; we do lose it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

dooBdoo,  I started years ago to always use self-hypnosis laying in bed every night before I sleep.  I would program myself of a Thought Form I wanted or needed.  Could be anything everynight.  When I started I was a child so it seems now,  and I also helped program my mind by placing myself into  my relaxed state while sitting on a large pillow.  I faced the wall that I had a  "."  dot on the wall.   I had in my hands large beads that I hand picked to string on a cord.  I held one bead and would hold one thought....nothing but that one thought or image in my mind....IF my mind wandered off to something else I should do, or some action I need to do...or ANY OTHER THOUGHT.....darn it....I had to move the bead to the second bead on the string.  And start my mind again to HOLD ONE THOUGHT.   And I did this over and over and over and over and over....uggg until I was all the ways down the string of beads.  Anyone else would see this as silly...silly actions.   But I was trying to train my mind and work part of my mind for things of better stuff for me...my Higher Consciousness.   Time passed and soon or it seemed like months I started holding the first bead and I never went to the second bead.  I Arrived!!   I trained my mind to not wander here and there.  I held one thought.  That was my plan.  And later training my mind to do this has Kicked Open a Door for Me.  Something that blew me away.  Life became bigger!   Now I am sounding like a person with a childlike mind?   Yeah, maybe, but I know what the plan was all along.  I can play all day inside a box and find greatness of Being.  (smile)  

I tell you being a human is fun.  Work it, work it.