Respected Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

As little as possible.  The older I get, the less tolerant I am about people and their "issues."

Here is a quote I love by a facebook page, "Aunty Acid" 

Every time you feel yourself being pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat theses words...
"not my circus, not my monkeys"

@MyGirlsMom  Love the quote.  It made me laugh. I'll have to remember that one.  

@MyGirlsMom   @cotton4me    Me too! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't have my own drama.  My sister's drama with her current situation has been thrust upon me by my mother.  I am the rock and voice of reason in the family.  I am going to see them next month.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I work with people who hate their job. 

Is our job a "fun" job? No, it isn't, but it is what it is.

They want the company to cater to their every whim and desire, to make sure that they are happy 100% of the time.

NO job is like that.

I am so sick and tired of hearing their constant complaining, that I try to avoid it whenever possible.

No job is perfect, and if they ever do leave, they just might be in for a rude awakening as to how the working world really is today.

And I'm talking about grown adults who are 50+ who are complaining.

So, yeah, I am sick and tired of the drama.

We must work together!

The people I work with need to get over themselves. 

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I remember Oprah back when saying she got rid of "toxic people" and learned how to say "no".   That's stayed in my head all these yrs.

ah ha moment. LOL

Easy for her to say; she doesn't have kids.  Some of us really don't want drama, but it's forced upon us because of our children whom we don't want to turn our backs on. 

@Citrine1  Children are a choice.  I chose not to have children for the reason you said....it is a ticket to drama. Many people choose to not have children. It does not make life easy in its self. But it cuts down on the drama. I can not imagine having children  and feeling that drama is forced upon you because of that decision for the rest of your life.  I think people take the choice of being parents too lightly. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Pretty much all families include drama and we hear about that every Thanksgiving when the family dinner comes up in conversation.

Having children is a choice for some of us, sometimes it just happens to other people.  IMO life is drama and all we can do is our best to deal with it.  Children are no more drama than a spouse or other partner or one's parents imo, but they can be a great reward. 

I'm lucky, our daughter grew up smart and loving and the three of us are very close, worth any teenage drama she had, which was no more (actually less) than I had.

Honored Contributor

I find this discussion interesting.

Everyone has some stress/issue in life and I'm going to stir the pot by saying nobody has ever NOT complained at some point in his/her life.  Either here or in RL.

I'm not talking about over-the-top complaining and hyperbole but be honest - we all have a level of acceptance that topples over when things get rough.

In all fairness some folks have learned their behaviors early on in life and some may not even be aware of the depth of the drama they are demonstrating.

So yes,  the drama queens are annoying if their songs and dances are constantly repetitive but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on a person for expressing frustration over a current hardship.

After all, someday it could be your "drama" too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I don't like drama.  I keep people who's lives are filled drama at arm's length.  I do not wish to immerse myself into that kind of lifestyle.

Kids and drama go hand in hand sometimes.  But that's life.  My girls are my everything.  They don't like drama either.  They have good heads on their shoulders.

Honored Contributor

Not sure if this is drama as some would describe it, but it is for me. For over 6 weeks now myself/my wife and my doctor have been fighting a very painful wound that does not want to heal.

Next week I will be going to an Advanced Wound Care Center with hopes of them being able to get this wound to start to heal. It started strangely and it is in an area where it just seems to not heal. I have had so many injuries and wounds, but only 1 that comes even close to this one.

That 1 in particular was when I spilled boiling hot coffee into my lap. Had 2nd degree burns in much of my groin area, and it took over 6 months to begin to even heal. This one, while a bit different, is just as painful, but it is not even looking like it wants to heal.

Drama? Guess that is up to anyone that reads this, but I am aware of it every waking minute, and have even been awakened by it.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Image result for drama quotes images

Not in my case.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I work to keep it to a minimum, and try to avoid posting about it here.