Respected Contributor

Dr Ruth's Incredible Life....

She was recently interviewed by Dr Oz.  In 1939 she was sent to Switzerland to a school by her mother and grandmother after her father had been sent away.  Her mother diligently sent letters to her but they stopped in 1941.  In 1945, she learned that her family had been killed in the holocaust.  She immigrated to Israel and joined the army and because of her 4'7" height was trained as a scout and sniper.  She was seriously wounded by an exploding shell in the Israeli War of Independence 1948 and it was several months before she could walk again.

In 1950 she moved to France where she studied and taught Psychology in the University of Paris and in 1956 immigrated to the United States.  

She still keeps in touch with a couple others who were sent to the school in Switzerland and also came to the U.S.  

Super Contributor

Re: Dr Ruth's Incredible Life....

Wow!  Wish they would have made a movie about her life instead of Joy Mangano's!

Honored Contributor

Heart of Spade wrote:

Wow!  Wish they would have made a movie about her life instead of Joy Mangano's!

Ok, this really made me laugh!  Thanks for that. 

Oh, and I would definitely agree with your sentiment.  

Honored Contributor

She's still such a vibrant, youthful, and fun-loving spirit, at the young age of 87.  Heart

And her facial skin is a decade younger, her thick golden hair at least two.

Great thread, found!  8)

Respected Contributor

Thanks!!! Yes, she does look great!!  

Honored Contributor

@Heart of Spade wrote:

That's hilarious.

Dr. Ruth has led a very interesting life!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Heart of Spade    I have a brilliant idea - how bout having Jennifer Lawrence play the spunky doctor?